Please, need help. (port forwarding)

I won't respond to you further. Ever since I've said I've gathered many needed measured ports that isn't must a use. I also told you, I didn't take anything related to my own ISP to your suspicious truth.
Post automatically merged:

Also I know what you are talking about... I mean that this ports I've mentioned, even if they are blocked or not. If they try to obtain using them for hosting then most likely it wouldn't work, ever since it's being used commonly — that I just gathered — for many other stuff. And yes, discord is using ports like UPD connections. I know many ports are UDP, and little of them are TCP that SRB2 doesn't require, these ports mustn't be used AFAIK, since it will kill their chance for the game for hosting

Last edited:
I won't respond to you further. Ever since I've said I've gathered many needed measured ports that isn't must a use. I also told you, I didn't take anything related to my own ISP to your suspicious truth.
Post automatically merged:

Also I know what you are talking about... I mean that this ports I've mentioned, even if they are blocked or not. If they try to obtain using them for hosting then most likely it wouldn't work, ever since it's being used commonly — that I just gathered — for many other stuff. And yes, discord is using ports like UPD connections. I know many ports are UDP, and little of them are TCP that SRB2 doesn't require, these ports mustn't be used AFAIK, since it will kill their chance for the game for hosting
I think you're confusing ports used when listening for connections and ports used when connecting. Every application you use which connects somewhere uses an ephemeral port as its source port. When you browse the Web and connect to some website using HTTPS, the destination port is 443, but the source port that your browser uses is a very high and random port like 53487. Discord doesn't listen for connections on your computer. Even when you create a "server", you really just create a space on Discord's servers. When you and your friend communicate using Discord, you're both connecting to Discord's servers which link you to each other, and the source port which Discord uses to connect to its servers on your computer are ephemeral, high, random like I said before.

I think you're confusing ports used when listening for connections and ports used when connecting. Every application you use which connects somewhere uses an ephemeral port as its source port. When you browse the Web and connect to some website using HTTPS, the destination port is 443, but the source port that your browser uses is a very high and random port like 53487. Discord doesn't listen for connections on your computer. Even when you create a "server", you really just create a space on Discord's servers. When you and your friend communicate using Discord, you're both connecting to Discord's servers which link you to each other, and the source port which Discord uses to connect to its servers on your computer are ephemeral, high, random like I said before.
... OK, I didn't have my catch on my ephemeral ports connectivity while reading the wikipedia before... Sorry if I've made you offended too, it was so rude from me to strict your trust with me as well. Edited original post of one port to be blocked: 25 only!

wait, if kart severs don't need portforward to host, can't they do the same thing with default srb2?
It's still their case to include it... Kart won't make every internet user own the ability to make servers so easily, it means it is a prototype. The default/vanilla SRB2 cannot host without port forwarding

wait, if kart severs don't need portforward to host, can't they do the same thing with default srb2?
Kart bypasses portforwarding by employing a technique called holepunching. This feature was developed for Kart's WIP sequel, Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers, and then backported to Kart itself. Yes, the SRB2 devs COULD theoretically add holepunching to vanilla SRB2, but I have yet to see any serious signs of them doing so. I would not be surprised if it happened though, vanilla has tried to work around portforwarding before.

I hope Next update adds Hole punching for master server on V2.2.11 that way more more people will host on master server. right now before 9am this morning i only see people hosting 24/7 server.

There's something that I with a friend could figure out... I didn't know it before... Some routers which requires "External IP Address" are the pure reasons that disable you to host...
Insert 0.0.0.0 on External IP Address whether you have it on your own router when creating the UPD 5029 port...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back