Pierre the Peacock

Pierre the Peacock 1.4

I've encountered a bug where certain custom characters states get set to null in certain situations when Pierre is loaded. For example, after Maimy launches with her jetpack and after Shadow teleports.
Ack, I'm not entirely sure what causes that ;u;

I raced to the 1st checkpoint with Sonic and then with Pierre (with only running forward, no jump or jump abilities)
Sonic 's time was 10.6 while Pierre's was 12
(Blaze's was 9.4)
Is this an oversight or just a bug on my part, since Blaze is also like twice as fast as Sonic when I add her (version 5), i'm not using a modified build or a prerelease, im using 2.2.8 so idk

also the reason why i dont think its intentional is because i dont see it listed anywhere

Last edited:
I raced to the 1st checkpoint with Sonic and then with Pierre (with only running forward, no jump or jump abilities)
Sonic 's time was 10.6 while Pierre's was 12
(Blaze's was 9.4)
Is this an oversight or just a bug on my part, since Blaze is also like twice as fast as Sonic when I add her (version 5), i'm not using a modified build or a prerelease, im using 2.2.8 so idk

also the reason why i dont think its intentional is because i dont see it listed anywhere
I am not entirely sure what you are asking

I don't think I've seen a character with an ability designed to be 'spammed' like this before. It's pretty satisfying to use! I'm also quite fond of the character's visual design.
Ack, I'm not entirely sure what causes that ;u;
This happens because of the extra "S_PLAY_JUMP" in Pierre's freeslot lump. Freeslotting states that already exist in general causes things to break in weird ways. Just deleting that entry seems to fix compatbility without breaking anything of Pierre's.
He also doesn't play nice with Nasya because they both use a player.twirling in different ways, but I wouldn't worry about Nasya compatibility =w=;

I don't think I've seen a character with an ability designed to be 'spammed' like this before. It's pretty satisfying to use! I'm also quite fond of the character's visual design.

This happens because of the extra "S_PLAY_JUMP" in Pierre's freeslot lump. Freeslotting states that already exist in general causes things to break in weird ways. Just deleting that entry seems to fix compatbility without breaking anything of Pierre's.
He also doesn't play nice with Nasya because they both use a player.twirling in different ways, but I wouldn't worry about Nasya compatibility =w=;
Oh!! This is actually incredibly useful to know! Would renaming player.twirling to something more specific fix it? I can totally rename things to player.pierretwirling and the like!

I will also see to that extra S_PLAY_JUMP being removed from the freeslot lump~
Thank you!

Oh!! This is actually incredibly useful to know! Would renaming player.twirling to something more specific fix it? I can totally rename things to player.pierretwirling and the like!

I will also see to that extra S_PLAY_JUMP being removed from the freeslot lump~
Thank you!
A quick variable rename would be the easiest fix yeah. ^.^

i don't know what happened to my previous comment, I meant to say
"Pierre's runspeed or acceleration appears to be slower than the vanilla cast"
Aah. In that case, you are correct, Pierre has a slower acceleration and overall run speed than most vanilla characters. Though I mostly based it around Sonic, I don't know how the others compare off the top of my head

Aah. In that case, you are correct, Pierre has a slower acceleration and overall run speed than most vanilla characters. Though I mostly based it around Sonic, I don't know how the others compare off the top of my head
ALL THE OTHERS ARE THE SAME AS SONICS!!
Post automatically merged:

also, you should probably add that he is slower than all of the vanilla characters (since all 6 vanilla characters have the same speed) to the "special traits" or somewhere.

DakotaSpine updated Pierre the Peacock with a new update entry:

1.2 Fixes, and Kirby Compatible

-The power of Twirl Thok has been reduced while underwater
-Very minor buff to the Twirl Thok, might be prone to change
-Pierre can no longer hit the ground rolling after a Twirl Thok
-Changed a couple internal values. Hopefully he plays nice with other characters in Multiplayer that ran into issues before
-Added compatibility with Kirby! Pierre grants them the power of Wind Kirby (Thank you Apollyon for these changes, and a couple others too!! )
-Refined offsets for running and walking...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pierre has reached one thousand downloads!!
I've updated this and the submission thread with a message and a small drawing to celebrate, thank you all for your support <3 <3 <3

DakotaSpine updated Pierre the Peacock with a new update entry:

Happy Birthday Pierre! Release version 1.3

It's been an entire year since Pierre was released to the message board! Sitting at 3,432 Downloads at the time of writing this, I thought it warranted celebration

I had been kicking around the idea of updating Pierre graphically for a little while and as the date was approaching, I picked up some of the project I had already worked on and threw everything together. Now Pierre most notably has a bit of a graphical face lift, and a more vibrant tail

It's not an absolute overhaul, but it's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back