Pierre the Peacock

Pierre the Peacock 1.4

DakotaSpine

Purple Peacock Pierre

Commemorative Download Celebrations

pierre2000.png

Two Thousand Downloads!

I The image is a little over due, but a while ago Pierre hit over two-thousand downloads! We are already halfway to three-thousand at my time of posting this, and I am continually humbled and delighted. To those of you who have been playing as Pierre, hosting him on your servers, and just enjoying him overall, thank you all so much. I am truly grateful <3

-------

pierre1000.png

One Thousand Downloads for Pierre!

I am so incredibly grateful for Pierre having accepted so fondly by this community. All of the hard work and passion I put into him, and all the affection I have for this bird has truly paid off, and I couldn't be more thankful. Having read every review, having watched that download counter tick up and up. And here we finally are, at quadruple digits!
Thank you everybody who's supported Pierre thus far, and I hope for your continued support
I am so entirely humbled, thank you all <3
-------

pierrefull.png

Pierre the Peacock

-------

Link to the Addon Release! Click here!

-------

Say hello to Pierre, the acrobatic air-twirling peacock. My first custom character for SRB2!

Now that the Message Board has re-opened for posting, I am ready to share months of work with everybody!
I am incredibly proud, and incredibly excited to let everybody get theirs hands on my Addon.

-------

Special Moves

Now on with the demonstration! Pierre comes with a few simple, yet incredibly helpful moves that help him traverse each Zone
You can read about them from his Character Selection shown below, as well as Gif files I have provided.

srb20087.gif

Air Twirl

srb20090.gif

An Air Twirl is Pierre's main attraction. Activated by pressing the Spin button midair, it allows him to stall in the air, while retaining his momentum. This allows him to cover incredible distances! Performing an Air Twirl also puts Pierre in a more vulnerable falling state, where he can still bounce off of monitors and Badniks if your positioning and air control is careful.

There is a brief cooldown attached to this move.

Twirl Thok

srb20092.gif

The Twirl Thok is the second special move available to Pierre. By pressing the Jump button midair, Pierre is given a short burst of speed in the direction being faced. Similarly to the Air Twirl, this places him in a vulnerable falling state.

Additionally, the Twirl Thok can be used at any point while in the air after performing a Jump. This means you can use an Air Twirl at time, and Twirl Thok at any point before hitting the ground. This is especially true inversely. Using a Twirl Thok followed by repeated Air Twirls is a fantastic method Pierre can use to cover a large distance in a short amount of time.

The Twirl Thok does not share the same cooldown as an Air Twirl, and can only be refreshed by landing.

-------

Special Traits

In addition to his Special Moves, Pierre comes with a couple of notable special traits that set him apart.

High Jump

srb20094.gif

Pierre's ability to leap and reach high ledges is nothing to sneeze at! Light as a feather, it's one of his defining talents as an individual. It is a talent that will come in handy for any sort of player!

Ring Loss

srb20093.gif

Being something of a lightweight, Pierre has a harder time keeping a hold of all of his Rings whenever he is hit. Farther his faster his rings will fly, much more so than most other characters. Be careful around enemies and bosses!

-------

srb20095.gif

This project has been in the making for a couple months now as of posting this. And on numerous occasions, I have been more than flattered by kind words from the community. And I have been helped more than I can give thanks for by them as well

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support that I, this Addon, and Pierre have received over the months. And I hope you have a wonderful time playing with them <3

That's all for now!
Thank you for reading <3

-------

Version 1.0 - Submitted first version
Version 1.1 - Fixed an issue that caused Pierre's special moves to not function properly in Multiplayer​

Last edited:
Looks really neat, my only complaint is that it seems like it was originally traced off of Sonic as the poses are nearly the exact same. Just a bit of variation in the poses is all I ask for

Some feedback: Pierre's roll animation when rolling away from the camera is the same as when rolling towards it, so he ends up looking like he's rolling backwards most of the time. His ROLLB sprites are also off-centre, mostly noticable when rolling slowly.
Also I like the pixel art for the CSS, it really captures SRB2's artstyle!

Some feedback: Pierre's roll animation when rolling away from the camera is the same as when rolling towards it, so he ends up looking like he's rolling backwards most of the time. His ROLLB sprites are also off-centre, mostly noticable when rolling slowly.
Also I like the pixel art for the CSS, it really captures SRB2's artstyle!
Having a backwards roll is the desired effect, but I need to correct one or the other regardless. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention~
I also hadn't noticed how off center the rolling sprites were but gracious, you're right. I'll be sure to fix those up too!

Pretty cool character! Though i found an issue with the thunder shield not working properlyView attachment 38932
Strange, other shields seem to function. I wonder what's different about this one
I'll see what I can do :o

this fella reminds me of Mario from the New Super Mario Bros. Series because of the twirl ability.
it's a solid character as well, so it's very good

It's amazing to see Pierre in a Finished State!

However, There are things that could be polished on his sprites like moving feathers, a redone run, and unqiue animations for his abilities. I had also noticed that roll frames on A2A8 use A1 and A3A7 Roll Frames and his Body seems to shift from his head during his A1 Walk Animation. I really can't tell what he's doing in his idle tho due to it be an A0 but I do really like this character and some polish can be done with it.

Last edited:
I've encountered a bug where certain custom characters states get set to null in certain situations when Pierre is loaded. For example, after Maimy launches with her jetpack and after Shadow teleports.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back