[Reusable] Pac-Man

This thread contains content that may be reused, modified, or ported by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first character wad, Originally created out of bordem in an attempt to replicate his feel and gameplay from the Pac-Man World trilogy. After about a whole year (and this day of my typing being PMW2's anniversary) I am deciding to submit it here and see how it fares.

- Pac-Man has 4 hit points, the fourth hit means death. Refill your life by collecting ring monitors by one point.
- Press the spin key to perform the Butt-Bounce, the third bounce will spring you up to even greater heights!
- Unlike other characters, Pac-Man will take damage if gets hit while charging the Rev-Roll. Also unlike other characters, Pac-Man can't actually roll manually if he's carrying any momentum.

I probably would have given him actual custom sprites but I wanted to focus more on the gameplay and coding, What with me currently busy with college and all. Also included is a "cosmetic" WAD that will change all the rings to Pac-Dots along with adding a different invincibility tune.

Download

Apparently Pac will use placeholder sprites in match while turning Super (because I never intended him to have a super form to begin with) along with the fact he can't change color but please note I wanted this to a singleplayer addon first and foremost. I may update this in the future if enough people want it though.

CREDITS:
"Lat"
MotorRoach
CobaltBW
MotdSpork
Sapheros
Demnyx Onyxfur [9/30/18 revision]

UPDATE: 8/30/18
Demnyx Onyxfur made some touches to my WAD and gave me permission to release it. The most notable feature is Pac-Man now has a stylized dedicated health bar visualized just like the Pac-Man World games. Ring monitors also will now display health wedges if you are playing as Pac-Man.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 3,556
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 2,882
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    490.3 KB · Views: 2,306
  • pacmansrb2.zip
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 3,238
Last edited:

dany777

Addicted to Bubble Bobble
I think you need to fix the sprites from the back, its like they are playing backwards

SuperPhanto

Bad at every videogame ever
Haven't even tested it yet but I already love it! Pac-Man World 2 is literally my favorite namco game of all time!

UPDATE: Friend of mine added some new touches to this wad a while back, Asked permission to release it.

See the changelog above for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)