Orange.dat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to make a save. That dat file is how a mod can have separate saves from the main game. If you ever noticed when starting a new mod that does create a dat file that you have no saves with it, that's because the mod created a dat file.

now, what was the last mod you played before you noticed that dat file?
OMG I AM GETTING TOO MANY RESPONSES FROM EVERYWHERE PLZ STOP

AND BTW I ALLREADY MADE AN ANSWER TO THIS BASICalyademh.ads

The bottom point being:

You were told what causes gamedata like those to be created: Mods.
Some of the mods you played (You only mentioned two and have not implied if you've got more or not) have set themselves to use a specific gamedata file.
These same mods will have the game create the file if it doesn't exist already as soon as you have a single instant of gameplay, be it in singleplayer or multiplayer.

The game can't spontaneously make randomly named gamedata files for no reason.

You have your answer. Are you looking for a different one?

the ULDC for 2022 doesn't make that dat file either
Post automatically merged:

@Rapidgame7 I think what's going on is Andy is scared that orange.dat is a virus because they weren't expecting this file. So far I've ruled out the 3 addons they mentioned as the mods that could have created it.

Andy, We can't figure out what's making this dat file if you don't let us know about your recently played addons. We know how they're made and that's why we keep talking about them.

Edit: I learned today that I can merge threads. This seems like a good time to try that out.

Last edited:
@AndyRag0734[₨₴} please, we can't help you figure out where this dat file is coming from if you don't let us know the mods you played before it appeared.
Basically My reaction to this was a "Bruh" Because i already mentioned this in the other thread Or Post Idc What it's called
Plus This Is not a virus, I think it's a Thing that appears when i use a mod, But i also think it isn't bc The only saved game i have is in vanilla with no mods, These appear randomly whenever i download a mod out of a net game, For example, "Srb2-WARE"
All Those Other Dat Files Are Gone Because I Have Restarted Srb2 A Total Of 7 Times Or 6

Edit: I learned today that I can merge threads. This seems like a good time to try that out.
Wtf Do you mean by that??????????????????????????????????

Basically My reaction to this was a "Bruh" Because i already mentioned this in the other thread Or Post Idc What it's called
Plus This Is not a virus, I think it's a Thing that appears when i use a mod, But i also think it isn't bc The only saved game i have is in vanilla with no mods, These appear randomly whenever i download a mod out of a net game, For example, "Srb2-WARE"
All Those Other Dat Files Are Gone Because I Have Restarted Srb2 A Total Of 7 Times Or 6

Wtf Do you mean by that??????????????????????????????????
I Mentioned the mods i recently used a long time ago in The post i made Telling that not only I Have ORANGE.dat
But Also Nightmare.dat

All I can say now is that I've played:
Mod List:

1: Blast Mania
2: ULDC 2022
3: Mystic Realm
4: Sol SE
5: ULDC -----> I Forgor
6: Neo Palmtree
7: Metallic Madness
There is no way i got Nightmare.dat Out of nightmare pack, Because the last time i've played that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY before i got the dat file,
8: Xtreme

Last edited:
ok now that I look at the first page of the merged thread (SeventhSentinel merged the duplicate threads) It looks like this issue was mostly solved already.

Regarding what mod made the dat, I don't know yet, but I've already ruled out Blast Mania and ULDC 2022

Yeah, that's because I've included a setting so the game would instantly unlock all characters.
Since you're visiting a new map (the SRB2Ware Arena) and the game isn't marked as modified, the game saves the gamedata.

Sev merged the three threads you made for this into a single one.
i have last played srb2 ware about half a month ago

It's not a virus, and I think you know that, it's probably just an .dat that came from a Map Pack with its own saves.

Also your signature dude..

Just running the mod will have the mod create a dat file even if you don't make a save.
ssg files are your actual save games while dats are what keep track of your unlockables and saves.

What? That's impossible.

Even a mod that was set up with no unlockables and not allow you to save would still have a dat file to tell the game it works that way.

Impossible. If a mod has unlockables it will be defined in the mod and it will require the creation of a dat file. Unless you want the base game's unlockables mixed in.

I hate to break it to you, but you're not going to be able to avoid the creation of dat files from most mods. Any mod that doesn't have its own dat file will not be able to save without the help of another addon.

.dat files are nothing to worry about. They cannot carry anything malicious and take up very little space. Even if you cannot remember why a .dat file would be there, it is probably something you may not realise. Even so, you shouldn't have any issues with .dat files.

.dat files are nothing to worry about. They cannot carry anything malicious and take up very little space. Even if you cannot remember why a .dat file would be there, it is probably something you may not realise. Even so, you shouldn't have any issues with .dat files.
Ok everyone Listen (Read) I think this problem has allready been fixed a long time ago, so why keep spamming my notification tab?

Alright then, I'll lock up the topic for you. Seems like we discussed this as much as it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back