Official SRB2 Ventrilo Channel - (Down until further notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked being in the Ventrilo server, as it gave me a chance to talk freely. I could continue conversations without having to alt-tab my games, and the whole experience was fun. I was able to connect with you as equals instead of using the tier system the MB and IRC room use. I really don't want to lose part of my daily connection to you guys, as I feel a bit empty without Ventrilo.
Besides, where else are we going to hold our online karaoke? =P

Sonict said:
Just to let you guys know that because of lack of people, I have finally kicked the bucket of my private Ventrilo server until further notice. If you guys want it back, you better post in here and give me good reasons to bring it back. I do not like having only about 2 - 4 in there daily. It is really pathetic. I may unsticky this thread soon. So you guys better give me reasons before this happens if you want to save it.
Being one of the people who is almost always on there daily is it REALLY that hard to keep it up? Does it really waste that much of your system's resources?Are you gaining anything by not hosting it,Sonict?
Also it's rosalinaxpeach Ash.

Ash said:
Actually, I'd say take it down. Whenever I visit, it's usually just Penopat and Vinsent talking about whatever the hell they talk about (usually with Vinsent having some random suggestive name like "DaisyxPeach" and stuff like that).

It's not really going to productive use, but I'd like to say that TeamSpeak was a lot better. Making a switch just because of a quality improvement doesn't help if the UI sucks.

That was part of my reasoning why I did it, actually. And as much as how TS has a better interface, I will not go back until TS3 comes out. I know most of us agree that TS is better. Sound quality however is top priority for us. If and when TS3 does come out, I will not look back to Ventrilo and plus, we could even host the server on the dedicated server that Logan bought for us too which would be even cooler.

Keep this up guys, I may bring it back sooner than you think if I know that it will be used a lot more than it already is. I too would like a Ventrilo server, but personally, I don't want to waste my time if only two people ever go on there.

Vinsent said:
Sonict said:
Just to let you guys know that because of lack of people, I have finally kicked the bucket of my private Ventrilo server until further notice. If you guys want it back, you better post in here and give me good reasons to bring it back. I do not like having only about 2 - 4 in there daily. It is really pathetic. I may unsticky this thread soon. So you guys better give me reasons before this happens if you want to save it.
Being one of the people who is almost always on there daily is it REALLY that hard to keep it up? Does it really waste that much of your system's resources?
Are you gaining anything by not hosting it,Sonict?
Also it's rosalinaxpeach Ash.

This has nothing to do with system resources. It has to do with lack of people, nothing more. In a system like Ventrilo or TS, you need people or else it is useless. Now, assuming that I do keep this down for longer, I will still be the official host for this so please keep this in mind and don't make your own server. I have not _quit hosting_.

I say it should stay up in my opinion. I like it always being online and just there if I'm just curiously joining vent one day to see what's going on, who's online, etc.

It should stay up cause we love you. *shot* Well I would use it if I knew how to get to it though I say it should stay up for the people who do use it.

You look at the first post and follow the instructions, mikesword221. It should be quite simple to do. Right now, this is looking good guys. Right now, 5 people want it back up. If I get ten "yes's" with good reasoning behind it, I will put back the server instantly. I wish I didn't have to shut it down, but I do want you guys using this more.

In all honesty, I loved the Vent server, when I was capable of using it. My "yes" probably won't count because of the conditions I need to fit to get in...But for what it's worth, I would like it back up.

I'd like it up, to be honest, I haven't been able to use it since my bluetooth headset sucks, but a £25 headset has just appeared on my dad's desk that I could 'borrow' for a bit...

In a fast paced game like SRB2, we really don't need to be typing everything as we play. Also, where will SSN reveal music related 1.1 secrets? :o

I also want it back up, it is quite fun to talk to various people and put a voice with a name. Besides, who will I talk to about crappy wads with. :p

Well. I counted up the votes far and here are the current results:

People who want the server back up:

Torgo
Cue
Dark Warrior
Flame_the_hedgehog
Boinciel

People who don't want it up:

Ash (Just before you guys get any ideas. He said no so I put him in here. No one else said no yet)

People who replied but didn't give me a good reason or a reason at all:

hyperson (No reason)
akirahedgehog (No reason)
Vinsent (No good reason)
mikesword221 (No good reason)

Edit: You know what. While I am disappointed in the lack of people, Five votes actually are good enough for me. It is back up.

And about a week later, more awesome stuff happened. On Thursday, the Ventrilo server actually went to the full capacity of 16 users! Nicely done guys. If you keep this up, I will be unable to host it locally anymore and I will think of renting a Ventrilo 3 server because let me tell you, it was getting laggy. Here is a screenshot of this:

http://sonict.sepwich.com/Random_Stuff/Ventrilo_16_users_20080529.PNG

Good job guys.

I have a present to show you guys. Yes, this was taken from my Ventrilo server on the day it got full. It is really epic. All warnings apply to this file like swearing, cursing, offending users, etc... If you don't want to hear it, don't. I thank DW for this epic day:

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/Hosted/DWSis.mp3 (13MB)

Re: What

Mega_Hyper_Shadow said:
What's the IP? I can't join without it.
serverne3.png

Just bumping this to let you guys know that starting on the 18th or so of August. I will have to shut down the Ventrilo server until September since I will not at my home and having it running while I am away could be a bad idea if something bad happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back