Official SRB2 Ventrilo Channel - (Down until further notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am a week late with this, but honestly, it wasn't used much to begin with. At any rate, the server is back online.

Well, guys. I will be away for most of this so the vent server is now down until I get back. I hope it becomes used again soon. I wish TS3 was out, but that is a different story.

I have a test Mumble server up on SRB2.org for anyone missing the Vent server, I don't know where Sonict got the idea that it doesn't have text-chat (it does!) but hey. It's basically me testing it out, you can grab Mumble from here and join up on the hostname of srb2.org and the default port (64738). Just, you know, a temporary thing. I might speak to Sonict later on if it's a hit but for now it's just a temp till he gets back.

Cue said:
I have a test Mumble server up on SRB2.org for anyone missing the Vent server, I don't know where Sonict got the idea that it doesn't have text-chat (it does!) but hey. It's basically me testing it out, you can grab Mumble from here and join up on the hostname of srb2.org and the default port (64738). Just, you know, a temporary thing. I might speak to Sonict later on if it's a hit but for now it's just a temp till he gets back.

I am surprised that I didn't notice the text chat. Either way, the text-chat is as bad as TeamSpeak 2. If they could at least improve the chat so it is like Vent 2 or TS3 once it comes out, I would have one less thing to worry about.

I did go on the test mumble server last night to see what Torgo meant since he mentioned about the text chat part. I have no idea how I missed that.

At any rate, my Vent 2 server is back up.

Err...Sorry but I havn't been on this in a long time but...

I'm confused,what do I put for host?

Edit:found it..contacting server :)

Edit2: Did I do something wrong? Its taking forever!

I just updated the first post to add a guide on how to have both Vent 3 and Vent 2.3 installed on the system at the same time. I thank 4ndy for the guide that he made over a year ago.

I also removed an admin. (Not like it matters much anyways.)

Yea... old bump sorry.

You know, maybe once SRB2ME comes out, I was wondering if Vent will ever get used again, as I do kinda of come on Vent once in awhile, only to find it dead and empty.

Maybe when SRB2ME comes out, maybe Vent might be used again, but hey, who knows?

I'd actually like to use Mumble instead of Ventrilo, since its cross-platform and has virtually the same features as Ventrilo...

Can someone give me a tutorial on how to make this work??

Edit: Oh, i'm not doing anything wrong, the server is down. :P

The server has been down for weeks, actually. About Mumble... For some reason, I can't make myself an admin on it. I also mentioned about how the text chat on it is a POS and there are people who use it especially when they are playing music. Honestly, if they fix up text chat. Mumble would work fine for me. It seems to have everything else done right.

I may bring it up again after ME is out, but honestly. It is pretty much a fad at this point and it always was.

Now if it gets used again, then I'll be happy, but until then....

Well. Here we are a week later and I decided to turn on the Vent 2.3 server again. Enjoy for what is it worth.

Just adding my two cents. I never really saw the point in people playing music over Ventrilo, if I want to listen to music I'll load up Spotify or Youtube, I won't go to SRB2Vent where I can't actually choose it, not to mention if they're doing it in the main channel of conversation, nobody can talk. It's not meant to be used for text chat, it's a VoIP thing...

Uhh, Sonict, what's the point of having text when you have a mic and a program that sends your voice to other people? If I want text chat, I'd just install an IRC client and go to #srb2fun. Text chat is NOT an issue at all, especially when this, according to you, seems to be the only thing that's keeping you from replacing a shoddy Windows-only VoIP system with a cross-platform, open source, high quality VoIP system.

If there is an issue that is causing people to have to use text chat, either they're Nev3r or they can't speak because someone is playing music, and I have to reiterate my point here, this is not shoutcast, we shouldn't have to use text chat because someone is playing music.

Uh huh. If people want to listen to music that someone else is playing, they join a music channel. No big deal. Vent isn't that crappy of a program anyways. You guys are over reacting to the situation.

And Callum. There are people who don't use IRC and we certainly don't want text chat that isn't part of #'fun clogging up the chatroom when not everyone will be on Vent.

You are going to have to deal with it.

Also, lets say I decide to change, would you guys magically use it? I seriously doubt it so why even bother? Something to think about, you know. I already said I will use TS3 as soon as it comes out since it will be the best of both worlds other than the "opensource" aspect. Just hang on for a few more months hopefully.

saturatedfat said:
Will there be 12 year olds talking/screaming? I hope there is an age restriction of at least 16.

Your so mean. >_>

Anyways, half the forum are 12 year olds. So if you do make that a rule, expect the channel to have less people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back