Official SRB2 Ventrilo Channel - (Down until further notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Although joining our IRC chat room is even better. Honestly, the #srb2fun chat room nowadays is more of a community than actually playing SRB2. Since we are on there all of the time, any n00b who breaks our rules gets banned really quickly.

I know you guys think this forum is a dump and I agree with ya. Our IRC chat room is much better than the forum. Sometimes, you will get there and we won't talk much, but eh. That is the life of an IRC room. When SRB2 says the IRC chat room is never empty, it isn't lying at all. Some of you guys that are intelligent should check it out one of these days. There are freeware IRC clients and web browser based ones too that you can use. If you don't like it after you try it out for a few days or even weeks (Not after an hour or so, you will not get the feel of how things work), Then at least you tried it and I will respect that.

I do hope our Ventrilo server gets used more. It has been really quiet nowadays.

Sonict said:
Yes. Although joining our IRC chat room is even better. Honestly, the #srb2fun chat room nowadays is more of a community than actually playing SRB2. Since we are on there all of the time, any n00b who breaks our rules gets banned really quickly.

I know you guys think this forum is a dump and I agree with ya. Our IRC chat room is much better than the forum. Sometimes, you will get there and we won't talk much, but eh. That is the life of an IRC room. When SRB2 says the IRC chat room is never empty, it isn't lying at all. Some of you guys that are intelligent should check it out one of these days. There are freeware IRC clients and web browser based ones too that you can use. If you don't like it after you try it out for a few days or even weeks (Not after an hour or so, you will not get the feel of how things work), Then at least you tried it and I will respect that.

I do hope our Ventrilo server gets used more. It has been really quiet nowadays.

Dang it, Sonict! Now the n00bs that have a functioning brain will join IRC!

EDIT: Although I must agree with what Sonict said.

Just to follow up on this conversation. When we have had new people join the Ventrilo server, it happens to be at a time where hardly anyone wants to talk about stuff and such. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get on Vent though. It just is something you guys should keep in mind since there are so few people on there, stuff like that will happen way, way more than the IRC chatroom.

Sonict said:
Just to follow up on this conversation. When we have had new people join the Ventrilo server, it happens to be at a time where hardly anyone wants to talk about stuff and such. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get on Vent though. It just is something you guys should keep in mind since there are so few people on there, stuff like that will happen way, way more than the IRC chatroom.
The first time i join DW's sister was on it and that was just to classic.

The Ventrilo server is now off-line until I am back home. I hope you guys can last two weeks without me. If anyone wants to create a temporary one while I am gone, that is fine. However, when I get back, the temporary server must be closed down. I am the person who calls the shots for the official SRB2 Ventrilo server around here. So please, if you want to make your own server, that is fine, but you can not say it is an official server for SRB2 since I have control of that.

Edit: If the post sounds egotistic, I wasn't trying to be. I am just explaining that the power got transfered from Spazzo to me and since everyone is using it, it might as well be official for SRB2. Now you know.

He is, actually. However, it can only support 8 people and you need a license to have more than that. I am allowing him to have it up there until I am back. Using illegal copies on a non-private server is bad. That is why I am able to run a cracked 16 person one since it is from my own PC and not from a hosting company.

Right guys, temp server's up, it's Ventrilo 3 (latest build) though.

http://ventrilo.com/status.php?hostname=srb2.org&port=3784

Before you complain about it being V3, just remember that it is just as illegal to run Vent 2 as it is to crack any version of Vent.

Channels are exactly the same, any of Sonict's admins who want their permissions on this one drop me a PM or something. Don't lie about how much power you have, though, I can and will check.

If I've missed anything, do tell me.

Alrighty guys. As you can or can not see, I am now back from my summer vacation. (I actually got back yesterday) So this means that in a few hours, I will bring up the original Ventrilo 2.3 server again. I hope you guys enjoyed the last few weeks of your summer without me.

I do hope that people will use it more and even use our IRC chatroom on espernet. I can assure you the IRC experience will be good if and only if you give it time. A few hours will not do, I am afraid. You will not get the full experience of the room and like I have said before, noobs in chatroom <= 0! Since a good portion of the channel operators are online and active, any noob who does join gets kicked / banned within minutes.

Here is a screenshot of the irc chatroom. Yes, my resolution of my laptop is 1920 x 1200. That is not a joke.

http://sonict.sepwich.com/Random_Stuff/64_People_srb2fun_20080317.PNG

Yes, this was quite some time ago and it will never be that crazy again, but there you go.

Killed off SRB2.org Vent Temp...

I discovered something interesting about our server supplier's policy a while back, Sonict, something very interesting indeed, but I'd rather speak to you about it in private.

Interesting, Cue. I'll talk to you more later then. At any rate, My Ventrilo server will be up shortly.

Hey guys.

I actually had the Ventrilo server up for a few hours today, but I forgot all about it until now for some reason. So yes, You will need Ventrilo 2.3.0 which you can download from the first post and yes, there is a way to have both Ventrilo 2.3 and version 3 on your PC at the same time. I hope to see you guys there.

Just to let guys know. I will be at my cottage for the xmas holidays and since I will be gone, if anything happened to my Ventrilo server like a power outage and crap, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it so I will be shutting down the server just before I leave tomorrow.

I won't have available internet access out there although I will try and see if I can at least get on the net every few days so I can see how things are doing here.

I should be back at my home at January 6, 2009. When I get back, I will restart the Ventrilo server.

Enjoy the holidays guys and have a happy new year.

P.S If this text looks familiar, it is. I just copied and pasted this post: http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=201217#201217

Hopefully, I can get Cue to start up the Vent 3.0 server on SRB2.org before I leave.

Sonict said:
Hopefully, I can get Cue to start up the Vent 3.0 server on SRB2.org before I leave.

Nobody used it, therefore I really can't be bothered. =P

Alrighty then. I guess you guys can ask Cue whenever you want to use Vent while I'm gone for the two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back