Official SRB2 Ventrilo Channel - (Down until further notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We upgraded to Vent 3.0!!! Please click here to download The New Vent Client at http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=1. Just scroll down and press "I Agree" To start downloading. This Upgrade must be done in order for you to connect to my server. See you on vent.

WARNING: Upgrading your Ventrilo Client Overwrites any old client of ventrilo that you may have. In order to Keep the Vent 2.3 Client AFTER INSTALLING 3.0, Folow the instructions below. This is for Winodws Only.

1. Download Vent 2.3 files from
http://www.vinsent.sepwich.com/Misc/Vent2.zip

2. Unzip its contents in C:\Program Files\Vent2.3

3. Once you unzip the files, Go into the folder and Right click on Ventrilo.exe. Then click Send To> and then click Desktop(Create Shortcut).

4. Rename The Shortcut to Ventrilo 2.3.

5.(Optional) Right click the shortcut and click properties. Click the "Shortcut" Tab and where it says Target, add a -m

Example "C:\Program Files\Vent2.3\Ventrilo.exe" -m

This will allow you to use multiple clients. It also works with the new Vent 3.0 client.

Alrighty guys. I need your input on this. I feel like this Ventrilo server is a waste of time on my part since all I see in there is a few people. By few, I mean around 4 regulars which isn't that great.

What do you guys think is wrong with this? I realize that it isn't that active all of the time and that even when people are on, they may be afk and thus aren't able to help you out if you just joined and need help setting up stuff. Also, This now seems to be an srb2fun chatroom extension according to some people. I could really use the criticism now.

Also, On a further note, I will update my server to the 8 man Ventrilo 3 one if this low population continues until April. I may also kick the bucket and shut this down for good when the next level contest starts. (Beginning of May)

So anyone want to answer me?

So did you shut it sown yet, because I entered everything exactly and have the new version, but it's not connecting.

this is awsome but

yea this is sweet like but, can you still use this whilst plaing srb2 or not. because if so then online games will bet better played i think

Re: this is awsome but

super silvex said:
yea this is sweet like but, can you still use this whilst plaing srb2 or not. because if so then online games will bet better played i think

Ventrilo is a voice chat program that is completely independent of SRB2 or any other game wither the game is online or not. People use Vent or TeamSpeak to play WoW, Eve-Online, Maple Story, Albatross18, etc...

I prefer to be called "Sonict" and what Ash meant was being banned from the Ventrilo server which you aren't currently.

why

Sonict said:
I prefer to be called "Sonict" and what Ash meant was being banned from the Ventrilo server which you aren't currently.
why should i be banned (if it was because i kept going from chat to microphone testing its because i set my microphone up wrong but is all sorted now). im also sorry if you heared a load buzzing noise, that also got fixed, but im not joining until i have fully tested it this time

Alright, i got banned on the 19th for channel hopping. I accept this, but its been at least 5 days now, and im still banned. I hope this will attract attention because my PM's didn't...

Just to let you guys know that because of lack of people, I have finally kicked the bucket of my private Ventrilo server until further notice. If you guys want it back, you better post in here and give me good reasons to bring it back. I do not like having only about 2 - 4 in there daily. It is really pathetic. I may unsticky this thread soon. So you guys better give me reasons before this happens if you want to save it.

Actually, I'd say take it down. Whenever I visit, it's usually just Penopat and Vinsent talking about whatever the hell they talk about (usually with Vinsent having some random suggestive name like "DaisyxPeach" and stuff like that).

It's not really going to productive use, but I'd like to say that TeamSpeak was a lot better. Making a switch just because of a quality improvement doesn't help if the UI sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back