Resource icon

[Open Assets] No Ring Challenge [V1]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
"It's harder without rings."

DISCLAIMER: This will NOT remove CTF or Team Match rings. Regular rings will appear in CTF/Team Match levels on the first update.

So I thought to myself "We have Sonic 3 & Knuckles ROM hack subtitled No Ring Challenge and a Sonic 3 A.I.R mod, why not in Sonic Robo Blast 2?", so I decided to create this mod all by myself.
This mod was based/inspired by Sonic 3 & Knuckles - No Ring Challenge, a ROM hack by D.A. Garden. It removes rings (and coins, because they're technically rings) and replaces 10-Ring Monitors with Eggman Monitors.

If you accept this challenge, download this mod!

Planned Features:
Add commands (Singleplayer/Server Admins Only)

Attachments

• srb20039.png
    srb20039.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 275
  • srb20040.png
    srb20040.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 252
  • srb20041.png
    srb20041.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 313
  • srb20042.png
    srb20042.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 211
  • srb20043.png
    srb20043.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 225
  • srb20044.png
    srb20044.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 283
  • L_NoRingChallenge-v1.lua
    510 bytes · Views: 657
Last edited:
I wasn't going to pass this because Ultimate mode exists, and this is just ultimate mode but with lives/continues, but this mode is also co-op compatible, whereas Ultimate mode is Single Player only, so I'll let it pass.

I found a great use for this mod; the use is to host boss rush netgames with this mod and teamwork starposts enabled, which can make for a fun time.

However, in Sunset Over Chaos, the final boss drops rings, which represent his health bar; these rings are supposed to be picked up by players to prevent the boss from getting his hp back, which causes the player to be able to have rings.

Furthermore, in The True Arena, players will be given extra lives whenever they do certain things in the mod, which translates to getting 100 rings if infinite lives are set, which is preferable for a server like that.

These can both easily be solved by constantly reducing the player's rings to 0. Perhaps you'd update your mod to do that?

I wasn't going to pass this because Ultimate mode exists, and this is just ultimate mode but with lives/continues, but this mode is also co-op compatible, whereas Ultimate mode is Single Player only, so I'll let it pass.
I didn't know Ultimate was singleplayer only. I thought if you had cheats enabled you could host a server with ultimate mode rules.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back