• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nitro's character pack

Who are you looking forward to the most?

• Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tails

• Knuckles

• Shadow

• Rouge

• Amy

• Ray

• Silver

• Mighty

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Segmint said:
It seems some people are jelous that Nitro finally has done something beyond most's capabilities. Now they're trying to "help", so they can be a part of it... but, it's not really helping anything at all, is it?
This sprite was my first post on the forum, seeing as I hadn't seen any side view sprites yet and wanted to help out. It was my first time playing SRB2 yesterday too, so I didn't even realise at first that his sprites are based on the ones in SRB2 and he is cleaning up the originals so that they can be edited easily to make more characters and have a better look overall.

Instead, mine was an upsizing of the sprite from Sonic the Hedgehog 1 drawn to fit the style he used.
sonicspritesao1.png

No one is trying to copy him, I saw help wanted and took it seriously.

Ravey said:
This sprite was my first post on the forum, seeing as I hadn't seen any side view sprites yet and wanted to help out.

Okay, your first post was a crudely done Sonic sprite. Wonderful. If you hadn't seen any side view sprites (or even played SRB2 until later), what makes you think you would be able to help? You're new to SRB2. Work your way in slowly. Editing SRB2 is a lot more difficult than you would think.
Ravey said:
It was my first time playing SRB2 yesterday too, so I didn't even realise at first that his sprites are based on the ones SRB2 and he is cleaning up the originals so that they can be edited easily to make more characters and have a better look overall.
Well, like I said before, you need more experience before you actually edit SRB2. Also, yes, they are based off of the original SRB2 sprites, but he was able to edit them into several different forms. In bold above, it shows that you're saying that they could be used to make recolours.
R2 said:
R2. Some types of WADs are extremely frowned upon, and will always get a negative reaction. It is not recommended to post any of the following:
Recolors, or edited versions of the official character sprites, are extremely disliked. Making fan characters or bad edits of official characters is almost always bad, and has a great lack of creativity. Don't make them, and if you do, don't release them. People just don't like them.
(Others listed were removed to prevent clutter)
Ravey said:
sonicspritesao1.png

No one is trying to copy him, I guess I saw help wanted and took it literally.

I myself never said anyone was trying to copy him.

Sonow Hakura said:
Any reason everyone is trying to copy/outdo Nitro?

I was just speculating about what Sonow said.
Oh and, although he said "Help Wanted!", you generally need good help, and everyone knows how hard it is to find good help these days. If you do not have the skills, you basically cannot do anything that can benefit him in the creation of this character pack.

It's common sense, and simple logic. Don't bother me about details, because I can easily outwit and disprove almost anything anyone throws at me.
Pay attention.

We are spriting, nothing beyond spriting experience comes into play here. If it needs to be stressed, drawing sprites is not based on how much experience you have with a game or an engine. Besides, once it comes to the stage where the sprites are needed in the engine, you guys even have a wikipedia dedicated to teaching you exactly what to do and I don't imagine it's much different than the doom engine the game originated from. Don't try and scare off anyone, thinking the game is beyond the skills of anyone that has only recently joined a forum.

My spriting might've been crude but at least I took people's thoughts into consideration and created something that does not resemble any official sonic game directly but uses the original as a side by side reference. If people weren't so ready to judge maybe people would feel more secure about trying to help, "gain experience" and enjoy the amazing game that I discovered for the first time only yesterday.

Sure you can outwit new people to the community but that doesn't give anything to anyone but a reason to feel bad and give up. Instead, i'd like to appologise for anything I may have said and to just keep pushing forward on a project that I feel is definately worth it.

I won't even bother with the quotes this time.

Paragraph 1 (Incomplete, 4/5 Sentences)
Sentences 1, 2; You still need experience in spriting in order to help someone with it.

Sentence 3; The wiki is useful, but it is only a reference. Also, characters are the easiest, yet most tedious wads to make. If you've had experience with DOOM, that's very nice, but SRB2 is a bit different.

Sentence 4; I'm not trying to scare off anyone, and I never said the game is beyond anyone's skills (including new users). Where are you getting most of this information from my post?

Paragraph 2 (Incomplete, 2/5 Sentences)
Sentence 1; Good for you, but it was still crude. All I said was crude, and nothing else.

Sentence 2; I never judged you in any way. The only reason some people would be insecure about helping anything would either be because they can't, they don't want to, or if they feel intimidated somehow (by being new, another user, etc.). Also, I have nothing to say with the "gain experience" comment. That was just unorthodox.

Paragraph 3 (Incomplete, 1/5 Sentences)
Sentence 1; I never said I can outwit new people, I said I can outwit and disprove anyone, if there are the appropriate circumstances. I don't do it just because I can, I do it because it is necessary. I'm not trying to make you (or anyone else for that matter) "give up" or "feel bad". I was using...

Constructive Criticism.

Everyone here uses it, and you have to deal with it, whether it's negative or positive. Since a lot of new people here mistake "FLAMING" with "CRITICISM", I tend to ignore said people, and let whom are in charge take care of them, as I do not have the time, nor patience, to deal with such frivolous ordeals. If you don't like it, that's too bad. There is no rule against criticising someone's work. If you cannot handle it, that's your problem.

Also, I fail to see where you got most of your information out of my post. Most of what you said was untrue, and was totally out of context to what I actually said. Like I said before, it's common sense, and simple logic. Way to make incomplete paragraphing by the way. I am going to stop responding to this poor excuse of an arguement, and let you wallow in your own irrationality.

Edit: Apparently you edited your post, three times before I actually posted this response.

Ravey's added line said:
Instead, i'd like to appologise for anything I may have said and to just keep pushing forward on a project that I feel is definately worth it.

I'd help but the only thing I'm good for is beta testing and animating the character in gif or srb2. If you had room for those catagories I'd help out.

One problem I have with the sprites is that a lot of the characters look sad or old or both. Perhaps that could be fixed?

metalsonicmk72 said:
I'd help but the only thing I'm good for is beta testing and animating the character in gif or srb2. If you had room for those catagories I'd help out.

"Beta Testing" is just an excuse (for most people) to get the wad before everyone else. It doesn't help if you beta test and say, "omg its really good". Unless it's something huge that requires more than person to go over and check, he can beta test on his own.

Er, as I said before, why is everyone trying to add to Nitro's character pack? BTW, Insonicia is basically a Super Sonic Recolor.

Sonow Hakura said:
BTW, Insonicia is basically a Super Sonic Recolor.
*Face palms.* Did you even read the comics? Insonicia is Sonic, with his hair flipped up for some random reason. (Trying to go super with the fake 8th emerald, seeing Tails and Amy making out, ect.)

I'm making sonic, so don't try to draw any of his frames unless it's awesome. I'm also going to need more experienced people to help, sorry sprout and dashfox. Also, light dasher, THAT'S MY PACHIRISU! Don't steal my avatars...even though it is from another site.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
I'm making sonic, so don't try to draw any of his frames unless it's awesome. I'm also going to need more experienced people to help, sorry sprout and dashfox. Also, light dasher, THAT'S MY PACHIRISU! Don't steal my avatars...even though it is from another site.
well that means everyone is stealing, cause some people get their avatats from google, a.k.a another site

I took that as an offence, that's like saying I suck at wadding.
Please don't comment about, How bad of a wadder I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back