Nintendo 3DS Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
cue the shoddy browser

doh hoh hoh

But to be honest, I'm not expecting a good browser. I just want the eShop open so I can play some old handheld titles on the go again, and I'm so getting Super Mario Land and Sonic Triple Trouble ASAP.

also where the hell is my messaging system Friend Menu

Rayman makes pretty good use of the 3D, I've found, although it tends to give me a headache. Still, outside of the headache, bodes well for the platforming genre - which is awesome, because that's a genre that, outside of Mario, has been languishing for a while now.

Anyone found those new 3DS features for Pokemon Black and White? Or were they just rumours.

Anyone found those new 3DS features for Pokemon Black and White? Or were they just rumours.

When I went to Gamestop I saw Pokemon Black & White games on the 3DS rack. Those might've just been misplaced, though.

Rayman makes pretty good use of the 3D, I've found, although it tends to give me a headache. Still, outside of the headache, bodes well for the platforming genre - which is awesome, because that's a genre that, outside of Mario, has been languishing for a while now.
I don't know, I've seen reviewers trashing Rayman for being a port with 3D barely adding a touch on the outdated PS1 visuals.
Why did they port Rayman 2? Rayman 3 would make more sense since it isn't as dated. Rayman 2 has also been ported a lot of times.
Last... Rayman 3D. Come on!?

Heh, with all of the bad things being talked about the 3DS, I might as well wait to buy a Lite version... Though that might be too late for that. And they really should make a 3DS Rayman 3 port. I really feel like playing this game again for some reason.

So much misinformation in this topic.

There are none. This has been confirmed for a good while now.

...you have to hold both Start and Select when starting the DS game...
Partially correct. You have to hold either Start or Select. The manual states as much, and I can vouch for just Start working. Start and Select will work, but only because, in Boolean mathematics, (true OR true) = true.

I don't know, I've seen reviewers trashing Rayman for being a port with 3D barely adding a touch on the outdated PS1 visuals.
PS1 version? lolno; actually, it's the Dreamcast version, and looks the part. There are issues with the visuals (for instance, when level geometry gets close to the camera, one eye has a larger chunk hidden than the other, which looks very noticeably wrong), but I wouldn't call the fact the game's dated one of them.

They have been thrashing the game for being the same game again, which is actually a non-issue - the game's held up rather well. The issues I have is more where the port deviates from the original, which consists largely of audio issues, and a specific bouncy spider web not toggled as bouncy, which makes it impossible to collect the (secret, non-mandatory to finish the game) 1000th Lum.

Also, I should point out...

The 3DS is the same size as the lite.

It has the DSi features.

What makes you think there's gonna be a Lite/i version, especially anytime soon? I mean, it can go the XL route I suppose, but would you really wanna lug that thing around? And if you want an extra battery so bad, I'm sure there are/will be some 3rd party options.

Also, as I noticed when comparing the size to the lite, the 3DS goes into sleep move when sitting on top of the Lite, even when its flipped up and the Lite is off. Hrm...

Last edited:
I've gotten my Lite to go to sleep while open by setting it on top of my brother's Lite.

I'm sure the sleep function is triggered by some sensor in the top and bottom of the system, which happens to be the same on the DS and 3DS.

I am absolutely in love with my new 3DS, I am just lost for words how amazing the 3D experience is.... it's stunning. =)

By the way, friend code: 4725-7969-6387

I apologise that I haven't found any information about the Pokemon features that announced they were fake.

By the way, got mine just an hour and a half ago, this thing is awesome, the 3D is amazing, although if you don't have it perfect, it seems to double vision slightly.
By the way, my friend code is 3737-9545-3153 is anyone wants to add me. I added Callum, so I wouldn't mind any more. xD

FC posting? Eh, why not.

5241-1913-7967

But seriously, why doesn't the Friends menu have an ACTUAL message system? It's annoying seeing I have friends online playing Super Street Fighter IV, but I can't contact them to play online.

FC posting? Eh, why not.

5241-1913-7967

But seriously, why doesn't the Friends menu have an ACTUAL message system? It's annoying seeing I have friends online playing Super Street Fighter IV, but I can't contact them to play online.
Well, you can "message" them in a inconvenient way by changing your friend message back and forth...

Friend Code: 421039883945

Also, I should point out...

The 3DS is the same size as the lite.

It has the DSi features.

What makes you think there's gonna be a Lite/i version, especially anytime soon? I mean, it can go the XL route I suppose, but would you really wanna lug that thing around? And if you want an extra battery so bad, I'm sure there are/will be some 3rd party options.

Also, as I noticed when comparing the size to the lite, the 3DS goes into sleep move when sitting on top of the Lite, even when its flipped up and the Lite is off. Hrm...
Is it really odd to predict that Nintendo will release a upgraded 3DS? Upgraded screens/bigger 3D viewing angle anyone?

Is it really odd to predict that Nintendo will release a upgraded 3DS? Upgraded screens/bigger 3D viewing angle anyone?

But those features don't really sound worthy of being bought again, or even compared to the then-probably-quite-cheaper 3DS. It'd have to be a pretty insignificant upgrade.

Actually, I reckon the 3D viewing angle is pretty good right now (for me at least), I have no problems staying in the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back