New Sonic nextgen stuff (new screens + storyline overview)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't they just go back to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman making another Death Egg? No, seriously! That would be ALOT better. The gameplay looks good, but the main problem is that they are making WAY TOO MANY CHARACTERS!!! What's wrong with using the 25+ characters that you already have? I wouldn't even MIND the new character boom, if it wasn't for the fact that every character is a HEDGEHOG! The only explanation I can come up with is that the hedgehogs on Mobius seem to be reproducing faster than rabbits!

The new guy looks less like shadow and sonic from the gameplay videos... it's new because their hedgehogs usually have 6 qurills on the back of his head, This one only has 2 enlarged qurills on the back of his head.

I think he looks too much like one of the many horrible fan art works...you know the hedgehogs with the ugly one spikes protruding from the foreheads and such?

SeanBean said:
I think he looks too much like one of the many horrible fan art works...you know the hedgehogs with the ugly one spikes protruding from the foreheads and such?

One Spike = Bad
Two Spike w/ Sonic styled look = worse
Two Spike w/ spikes between eyes = good
3-4 spikes = Eww
5 Spike = Sonic Underground knows better (manic and sonia have 5 spikes)
6 Spike = Good
7 plus = if you don't know what looks good if there's more than 6. Get a life.

Man, I really wish we had Oshima as the character designer again. Don't get me wrong, Uweka did a really good job of updating Sonic to fit the current market with his nice artwork and re-designs of the original cast, but his original characters just lack something, aswell as seeming a little...generic? (That is assuming he did design them, I know he designed characters for SA1 and 2, so I'm assuming he did the later titles as well). It would be nice to see less generic clones and more completely off the wall crazyness that made the first game appealing, just how Oshima originally intended it to be. Ofcoure, the chances of getting Oshima to work on the series again is sadly very low. :cry:

Meh, this game isn't looking very hopeful at the moment, especially with the track record for 3D titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back