Netgame Impersonations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think of SRB2Live as a Godsend, it's not Halo 3, that may put people off, I just included some things for different games and such, for instance, the achievements are from Xbox Live.

I've had people ask me if I'm the real Cue before.

Srb2 is going to continue to go down the drain untill Cue finishes SRB2Live.

Some one named themself Metal Chrome because they said I was cool.

Well, at least that last one isn't impersonation, he even admits it isn't you and the name isn't the same really.

Anyways, I've said this once, but I say it again. I don't play on the Master Server. I've never heard of being impersonated, but just so you know, I almost always play by IP. I never host on the MS, and rarely I join a game, and I only do if I have a reason, most likely trying to pwn Spazzo because I'm angry he pwned me so many times before >:( I wonder how it would be if I didn't had lag, because sometimes Spazzo really catches me, but sometimes it's just that the reaction isn't fast enough due to lag and then Spazzo turns out to hit me first :(

Blue Warrior said:
I've heard people sometimes ask me if I'm really Blue Warrior when I come onto a netgame, but I've never been impersonated before, I don't think. Weird.
When someone is well-known, others want to know if it really is them.

Because people are gullible enough to fall for these things. When you host netgames, you don't want noobs to join all the time saying "hey why didnt u add wads this time ??????", and other stuff related. It's not a big deal, but it's still annoying, and I know it happens often to other people as well.

Ive been impersonated very recently He was called "James" which is my netgame name. people who netgame with me, if its not a blue kitsune, its not me.

Ash said:
=|

http://pastebin.com/f5a161be5 (look for highlighted lines for dialog)

I find it annoying, how about you guys? I've seen Sb impersonated, LXShadow, of course SSNTails, Mystic, Sonict, misc. SRB2 Admins, and other people... , and...Armonte
There's no way to prevent it, I know, but sometimes you wish you could just permanently ban them from the master server yourself. =/
Yeah...
I Always play as Armonte or A\r\m\o\n\t\e in netgames theirs this impersonator named Armonte The Hedgehog,

Here's the thing though: they might not actually be impersonating you. They could have just came up with the name. Recently, I herd of someone named TMM, I asked them about their name, yet it has nothing to do with Tailsmastermind.
Besides, as long as they arn't actually being you, they didn't really imposter you.
Although, I know someone named sonic and I heard there was this guy going around that was impersonating him.

Chaos Knuckles said:
...You do realize that there are over 100 people named "insert sonic character name here"right?
The most frequent are shadow sonic tails and amy.

Chaos Knuckles said:
...You do realize that there is over 100 "Sonic" named people right?
It was mainly said to make a joke, since if you have one person in your server named Sonic, and someone else who calls themselves Sonic comes in, they think they have been impersonating eachother.

My Nickname is Evil tails (Not no more) So Often People have my name (NOT LITTEREALY MINE!) But You'd Think Xephious Would be hard to impersonate? I guessed wrong -_-

Has anyone ever seen an impersonation of me?

Man, what do I have to do? Be the best player there is?

Easy way to know if someone's pretending to be me.

My name is captalised in logs if I'm not mistaken.
Also my ping will be through the roof.

hypershadow96 said:
My Nickname is Evil tails (Not any more) So Often People have my name (NOT LITTEREALY MINE!) But You'd Think Xephious Would be hard to impersonate? I guessed wrong -_-
Ick Double negitives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back