• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

nothing we can do about that right now unfortunately, just opengl being an oof
oh... so we can only use software mode for now?
also its not for a brief moment, it just completely crashed and was at 2 fps when loading the title screen (in opengl)

also its not for a brief moment, it just completely crashed and was at 2 fps when loading the title screen (in opengl)
it's only an issue on the titlescreen, and normally, only for a brief moment while the title pieces are moving around. the fact that it crashes entirely though could just be a performance issue with your device
You could maybe launch in soft and switch to ogl ingame and you'd be fine

I am actively working on a fix for this. Please be patient in the meantime as it's going to take a while because of how I need to set it up.

lol, i just remembered, how do i know which levels have been done?
I can personally tell you:
- JCZ is obviously done.
- MKZ is already done.
- TVZ2 needs a completely custom Act 2. Consult with the server of the theming.
- RKZ is being redone already.
- VFZ1's in need of an act merger and heavy revamp or remake, VFZ2 is claimed.
- LWZ is free for the taking, consult server.
- FRZ is free for the taking, consult server.
- BFZ is free for the taking, consult server.
- MFZ is already claimed by me.
- SCZ is already claimed.
- SPZ is already claimed.
- NCZ is already claimed.
- AGZ is already claimed.
- SPZ is already claimed.
- ISZ is already done.
- PAZ is open for work, consult server.
- MRZ is not to be touched.

Oh boy, it's Halloween! Guess that mean's it's time to release the Halloween demo (a.k.a. v0.2.1)
It's also a fairly big update, so listen closely:
  • The mod now has its own gamedata separate from Mystic Realm v5.1. Saves from the two will no longer collide with each other, however, existing saves for mrce will be lost. Expect one more gamedata shift further along the line closer to final release of v1.0.
  • Hyper stuff!
    • When in hyper form, sonic now has the ability to rebound up to 3 times off walls, and each rebound nukes
    • Hyper form's particles have received a revamp:
      srb20120.gif
    • Numerous custom characters can now also go hyper.
    • Added compatibility functions to allow custom character creators to support Hyper Forms and give special abilities to the form for their character. Inquire in the discord for further information.
    • Added console command `hyperflash` to disable many forms of screenflashing, mostly pertaining to hyper forms
    • Reduced duration of flash effects by a few frames.
  • Now fully supports Ultimate mode. Ring maces will despawn as they should. Also disabled ring and life display in ultimate as well.
  • Switched to using init.lua.
  • Ring warning will now flash red in dwz if ring count is 10 or less
  • Fixed sms support in dwz
  • Custom exit script in MRZ and DWZ will now skip the tally screen in both stages on completion
  • When Sonic uses his last rebound dash, the strong dash that puts the player in the spring state if they bounce with it, will now play a higher pitched variation of the dash sfx, to indicate that the player is out of dashes
  • Adjusted Super / Hyper Sonic's flight acceleration in DWZ
  • Numerous adjustments to most non-boss stages, mostly concerning starpost ordering, but also fixed missing spike damage thorns in VFZ1 and lava in frz1 that wasn't lava
  • Increased the width of the third room in Primordial Abyss, to allow more room for the camera to sit behind the player when trying to line up your jump
  • Primordial Abyss can now be accessed in Record Attack
  • Updated forceroll springs to the latest version, will function as intended in netgames now
  • Aerial Garden Zone Act 4, or the 'Warp Room', now replaces the bad ending should you fail to find all 7 emeralds before AGZ3. Currently only part of a number of features that rely on functions to be added in 2.2.10, this room allows you to travel back to the first act of any of the 7 zones up to this point. Though nothing's really stopping you from jumping in to the jade coast portal and playing from the very start all over again, you'll want to jump into the portal that leads to the zone where you missed an emerald. On a future date this won't require you to play all the way through back to Aerial Garden 3, but until 2.2.10 comes out, just try not to miss those shrines
  • Being frozen by the Egg Freezer's cryo beam (and in future the cryo crawla) will now mostly freeze player animation
  • A couple hidden easter eggs
  • Added 1 (one) Jack-o-Lantern in Jade Coast. Happy Halloween!
    Download v0.2.1 now!

Last edited:
I just want to express that I much prefer the palette/textures of JCZ back in v0.0.11b; it was easier on the eyes, the colours complemented each other and the pinkish-brown walls felt unique. I don't get the same warm feeling coming into the level with the new version.
On the other hand I do feel the new palette works okay in JCZ2, with the purply-blue water and shadows contrasting all the orange.

Attachments

• JCZ11.png
    JCZ11.png
    361.7 KB · Views: 436
  • JCZ21.png
    JCZ21.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
I just want to express that I much prefer the palette/textures of JCZ back in v0.0.11b; it was easier on the eyes, the colours complemented each other and the pinkish-brown walls felt unique. I don't get the same warm feeling coming into the level with the new version.
On the other hand I do feel the new palette works okay in JCZ2, with the purply-blue water and shadows contrasting all the orange.
I do feel like the yellow sand looks more appealing than the peach colored sand, though it definitely did need to be toned down. Maybe a middle ground somewhere would help balance things out?

As for the other colors, I prefer the new ones. The orangey yellows compliment the tropical beach feel much better than the browns of the original, which are a bit too similar to Greenflower and give more of a grassy hills feeling than a tropical vibe.

If I may, let me just leave an idea: players with Elemental Shield should be immune to TVZ Clawla goop.

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since we started the project, yet here we are! And now to celebrate the continued effort to bring this mod to releases, I come with a new update:
  • Minor adjustments to many stages, in some places to better balance monitor displacement.
  • The pumpkin in jcz has rotted, and has been carted away. Sad.
  • It now snows in Midnight Freeze
  • New music in MKZ and VFZ2
  • Fixed HOM in PAZ2
  • Rebound Dash can now be used by character mods
  • Numerous code optimizations
  • Mario can shake off tvz slow goop with a spin
  • Nerfed Egg Animus 2nd phase, should no longer lag and crash servers
  • Fixed console spam in netgames when spectating
  • Fixed unmentionable server crash oversight
  • adjusted some mapthingnums to prevent collisions with some other custom objects, especially those found in cyberdime
  • AGZ2, 3, STZ, and ISZ all use new skyboxes and colormaps
I think that's it, so go get it now!
Download v0.2.2 Anniversary

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since we started the project, yet here we are! And now to celebrate the continued effort to bring this mod to releases, I come with a new update:
it crashes for me past the title screen XD
Edit: nvm I was using OpenGL

srb20188.gif

Work is being done on the redone titlescreen animation. This variant should perform much much better on OGL. Having been done with pure Lua and the original images instead of a pure image animation with massive graphics
Post automatically merged:

srb20195.gif

Good news! the title animation is now fully OGL compatible! I might have to do a few more tweaks to get it a bit closer to the original one that lagged OGL but right now everything works fine!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back