• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystc Ruins (almost done with forest) Now for the ECarrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSonic64 said:
glaber said:
SRB2 Guy said:

Thanks for the reminder. (posted in that topic) He still needs a better Emerald Coast if he doesn't have one already.

Emerald Coast can't be changed!

I told you already,

Each time I edit act 1, it goes screwy.

It heads to missing textures,
Sig-sevs,
Ruined floors that cant be fixed,
and that messed up look when you have no thok barrier.

Ok then.
First off what do you use to edit it.
Second, what of EC act 1 are you trying to edit and how are you doing it.
Third, Are you willing to have someone else try to get the desired result you wanted?

I have only looked at screenies, and this looks awsome! I have not even played it yet..... I will don't worry

If you feel a pressing need to port levels, please, at least do it right. Make use of normal and transparent Floor Over Floors for effects. Take time picking out textures and making sure everything is as exact as you can make it. Can't find textures that will fit? Make some and put them in, or port them directly. Custom scenery objects won't go amiss, either.
For example, take my rendition of Metal Harbour. (Spellcheck says it's Harbor, but I'm Canadian. I spell it this way.)
srb20168gu3.png

It uses Floor Over Floors a lot, and I took the time to make it look nice. Granted, it has a few visual bugs and wasn't finished, but the main thing is that it was one of the few levels to actually do a fair job of porting. However, what you're doing...

SuperSonic64 said:
It took me a while to realize which area this was. For a while, I thought you were adding a new area. That's a definite "No." right there. Areas should be recognizable the minute you set your eyes on them. If it didn't say "Egg Carrier" on that first shot, I wouldn't even know what it was.

Small Update :

Speed High way act 2 done.
Along with secret 4 (unreleased)

Yes I am going down a building.
srb20159.png

Please see if you notice any bugs in this.

Link

Yeah, but use the type of conveyer belt that doesn't move the floor. Also, make the glass at the end a shatter block, and lots of other stuff that I'm too bored to type out.

Sorry, but I'm not impressed with that Speed Highway. You should have made it longer, used better textures, and used wind effects. By using teleports in more effective ways you could simulate the start. One more thing. Please don't start Sonic off on the ceiling, even with teleports. Please.

Boinciel said:
Sorry, but I'm not impressed with that Speed Highway. You should have made it longer, used better textures, and used wind effects. By using teleports in more effective ways you could simulate the start. One more thing. Please don't start Sonic off on the ceiling, even with teleports. Please.

Thats act 2. Act is longer.

In sadx thats the same length of the level.

SuperSonic64 said:
Boinciel said:

No, it's not. Play Sonic Adventure again, and tell me how many rows of windows you count. Without pausing. Can't count them all? Well, you obviously can count the rows as you go by in your level, so I don't think you've made it long and fast enough.

Boinciel said:
SuperSonic64 said:
Boinciel said:

No, it's not. Play Sonic Adventure again, and tell me how many rows of windows you count. Without pausing. Can't count them all? Well, you obviously can count the rows as you go by in your level, so I don't think you've made it long enough.

5 windows in all =p.

Plus including the teleport area too.

edit:

heres the new speed highway

http://www.savefile.com/files/1261525

If you think theres something wrong with it, I'll do the level design over.

Anyone who would like to try Sand Ruins the 4th secret level here it is

eggc.wad update: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qr696h

2nd edit:

There will only be screenshots in further updates due to inactivity on some hosting sites.

3rd edit: or level demonstration videos *shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back