My first level: Mushroom Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta said:
For a first level, it's not horrible or anything, but it suffers from Glaber syndrome. For a match map, it's kinda cramped and not very open.
Interesting, I got a syndrome named after me. I actually find this funny.

Well since I'm practically an expert on "Glaber Syndrome" levels I decided to give this level a try.

My scale for GS levels

Accuracy of remake: Well the structure was there, but the funiture was missing so poinst off for that. (7/10)
Crampedness (lower score is better for this category as 10 means way too cramped): Well the celings were actually lower than they were for Mario. and not counting the secret in the wall this gets a cramped score of 6/10
Playability: considering the previous scores and how well the bots played when useig SRB2JTE this gets a 6/10

BriGuy92 said:
Simply because I asked a question a couple days ago, and it has not been answered yet, I will repeat it. Is there a way in SRB2DB to change all ceiling heights at once, and not have them all be at the same level? As in, increase (sp?) each ceiling by 100 units, but not set each ceiling to, say, 400.
To answer your question. Yes and no. yes if you want them all to be the same, no if you don't. you see you have to click each sector you want to raise then right click on any of the sectors selected and then change the height.

BriGuy92 said:
Alright, let me tell the strange and interesting tale of this level, which really came from my obsession with game music.

I was just getting into SRB2 editing, and I thought, "I really need to make some kind of level that can use the battle theme from SMRPG." I really didn't know what to do, but then it hit me: a SMRPG-based Match level! I decided to remake the Mushroom Castle in SRB2 format, and the result was this.

After some constructive criticism and a little tweaking, the level was finally ready to release.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

Mushroom Castle!

Don't worry, updated screenies are on the way.

Have fun, and see if you can find all three special rings!
Nice for a first level! I liked how you got the music straight from the game. That was awsome. I need to fight someone there.

While I agree that your next level should have different textures, this one has grown into the ones it's a'r'dy got.

Still fun as usual. Still need to try it online though....

NEO-OMEGA SONIC said:
it is cooool!!! (^_^) (^=^) (^.^) (^_^)
The Rules said:
10. Don't bump topics pointlessly. If a topic is more than three weeks old, ask yourself whether your post adds to the conversation or you have a good reason to post in the old topic. The following are _NOT_ good reasons:

* Asking the author to reupload a file with a broken link.
* Frivolous statements like "This is cool."
*Insert picture of Lex Luthor here*
WRONG!

EDIT: Not trying to backseat mod or anything, but that is SO breaking the rules!

SonicTheDalek said:
NEO-OMEGA SONIC said:
it is cooool!!! (^_^) (^=^) (^.^) (^_^)
The Rules said:
10. Don't bump topics pointlessly. If a topic is more than three weeks old, ask yourself whether your post adds to the conversation or you have a good reason to post in the old topic. The following are _NOT_ good reasons:

* Asking the author to reupload a file with a broken link.
* Frivolous statements like "This is cool."
*Insert picture of Lex Luthor here*
WRONG!

And I don't wanna get banned, but you're backseat modding.

Alright, I realize that this thread has been dead for a looong time, and I hope I'm not breaking the rules here, but the WAD has a teensy-weensy update that really has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual level. All that's different now it that another music track was added, mainly to make sure that I set a LOOPPOINT correctly. The song is Azure Lake from STH3, and I'm going to be using it in a single-player level pack soon. Anyway, I need some suggestions for the loop, as it is not quite perfect and sounds kinda icky at the moment. The song is set to Map 99, so to play it, type TUNES 99 into the console.

You know what would be good for this?
Turn it into a 1p modle add the mario enemys and make it bigger with springs (just a idea) *gets mauled*

Honestly, match levels really can't be directly into SP levels of any sort. Don't even bother suggesting.

Although yeah, looking forward to those SP levels! ;)

Um, you do realize that the entire level is inside the castle, right? The layout matches the SMRPG level exactly.

BriGuy92 said:
Um, you do realize that the entire level is inside the castle, right? The layout matches the SMRPG level exactly.

oops sorry
im thinking about that other mushroom castle wad.
it was a match
sorry for the mix up

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back