Multilingual HUD

Multilingual HUD V8.0 - The Italian Update + Megapatch

GreenKnight9000 submitted a new resource:

Japanese HUD - For when you need a bit of weeb on your screen

Have you always wanted a bit of a multilingual flare to your game? Wanted to make your game a tiny bit weebier while remaining faithful to the game's aesthetic? Well wait no longer! Over the course of my Japanese education (thanks Duolingo!), I've wanted to put my knowledge and spriting skills to the test, and this was just the thing! With a hand from Aoz0ra, I have translated all (to my knowledge) used HUD/Results text into Japanese.

My Japanese is still very, very rusty, so if there's a...

Read more about this resource...

GreenKnight9000 updated Japanese HUD with a new update entry:

Introducing The Multilingual HUD Project!

Hello! I'm proud to announce that the Japanese HUD Mod has expanded into the Multilingual HUD Project! The project aims to translate the HUD and End of Level graphics into many diverse languages so people of all languages can feel more comfortable playing, or at least enjoy a new HUD for aesthetic purposes. To start things off, I have released the Korean HUD; the Hangul are much bigger than Japanese Kana or English letters, thus some scripting had to be done to space out the numbers; due to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i love the Japanese HUD. it really fits into the game. we need a japan title screen and font too for the full experience! i wonder what it's like if japanese people played this game with this specific addon?

Something i want to add. Is not "Bono de Guarda" is "Bono de Guardia" cuz it has another meaning in the Spanish one

GreenKnight9000 updated Multilingual HUD with a new update entry:

Introducing Chinese and Australian!

Hello everyone! I'm proud to announce that this update brings not one, but TWO languages for you to play with: Chinese and Australian!
Chinese was definitely the hardest to do. I initially wanted the Intermission sprites to remain consistent with the HUD, but with how big the characters were, I had to compromise and stick with 1-pixel wide/tall lines for Intermission sprites, else it'd have looked a mess.

Australian may seem like the HUD simply flipped, but there's more to it than that! I...

This mod is awesome.

Can't wait for Portuguese.
GEl1kezWoAEcRzA.gif

Introducing German!

Hello everyone! I bring to you German and a small patch to Spanish that changes the letter "V" to look more in-line with the rest of the graphics.
German was trickier than I thought as there's many different ways a single word could be translated into. I'll verify these translations with my German-fluent Brother when I can, and make any needed adjustments should any inaccuracies come up.

Introducing Welsh!

Another day, another update! This time it's Welsh! This one was a lot harder to translate as Google Translate often provided lesser-desired translations, so I had to use a bit of AI for extra reassurance. My brother is fluent in Welsh, so when I see him, I can get him to verify translations and make any needed adjustments that there may be.

Introducing Welsh and Russian!

Huzzah! Another double-whammy! I finished Russian before the day was over, so this is now a two-for-one special! Russian characters taken from the Cyrillic Scripts (Sonic 3 & Knuckles HUD Font) sheet by Paraemon but modified to fit within the Sonic 2-style HUD

Post automatically merged:

This mod is awesome.

Can't wait for Portuguese.View attachment 119599
Yep! I'll be cooking on that one either today or tomorrow!

Last edited:
Stay tuned for tommorow, since there is one more translation I and GreenKnight9000 have been cooking up. If you saw Eurovision 2024, try to guess which language is getting its justice as a translation mod 👀

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back