• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Modern Tails (CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Modern Tails had a slightly distended hitbox for his tail swipe, like Sonic Megamix, which I think would be technically a modern/adventure style game, based on the movesets, which give Sonic a homing attack and lightspeed dash, for example.

A have a better idea when Modern Tails will be released!

When it’s done™️

Seriously, unless the creator gives you a proper date don’t take guesses. Just wait for the mod to be released, or for an official date.

Heya

We have a Modern Sonic but dosen't have a Modern Tails ???

View attachment 53085

View attachment 53085

So, yeah ! He finally arrives on Srb2 ! (maybe ?)

Modern Tails would be a "hard" version of Vanilla Tails (That is too cheesy tbh)

View attachment 53086
View attachment 53086

SA2 Flight :

SA2 flight is the ability of Tails in Sonic Adventure 2. We can't see it in level because he is always in his tornado,
we can only see it in the Chao World.

Anyways, SA2 fly is similar to Metal Sonic ability, but it's permanant. For Srb2 I want Modern Tails to get tired of his float ability at 8sec.
He'll can still pick up someone.

Spindash :

Spindash that you already know

Spring Tweaks :

Similar to Modern Sonic Spring Tweaks.

Tail Swipe :

SA1 Tails second ability !
Pressing Custom 1 , Modern Tails will attack ennemies with his tails like in Sonic Adventure 1.

Swim :

If you're under water Modern Tails will switch his ability to Swim. You'll can swim for 8sec.

If i want to add more abilities i'll post it here.

That's all for his abilities. I don't know about coding lua, sooooo yeah, any help would be appreciable (if you don't want... I understand, I'll manage.)

Sprites still in progress.

Anyways, I'll post progress here.

See you soon!
So here are some extra ability ideas.
Tail swipe should have some sort of combo, like one left swipe, right and then the tail spin, maybe make that also help the player gain more speed from that spin.
Flight I was thinking you could try and make it like a double jump, you gain extra height but you can't gain more like a hover to make it more different and hover like SA2 chao garden tails. Or you could make flight speed dependent, you have much less flight when at a stand still but once you've gained more speed you can fly for longer.
Maybe add a bounce to tails as well, like during flight you can rocket back down and bounce up? But you can't fly after the bounce back up.
Those are my suggestions if you want to try and make tails stand out more because giving him abilities seems more challenging to do I've noticed compared to sonic.

There is no realease date.
Post automatically merged:

I’m stil thinking of the abilities

And yes i‘ll can turn super

Heya

We have a Modern Sonic but dosen't have a Modern Tails ???

View attachment 53085

View attachment 53085

So, yeah ! He finally arrives on Srb2 ! (maybe ?)

Modern Tails would be a "hard" version of Vanilla Tails (That is too cheesy tbh)

View attachment 53086
View attachment 53086

SA2 Flight :

SA2 flight is the ability of Tails in Sonic Adventure 2. We can't see it in level because he is always in his tornado,
we can only see it in the Chao World.

Anyways, SA2 fly is similar to Metal Sonic ability, but it's permanant. For Srb2 I want Modern Tails to get tired of his float ability at 8sec.
He'll can still pick up someone.

Spindash :

Spindash that you already know

Spring Tweaks :

Similar to Modern Sonic Spring Tweaks.

Tail Swipe :

SA1 Tails second ability !
Pressing Custom 1 , Modern Tails will attack ennemies with his tails like in Sonic Adventure 1.

Swim :

If you're under water Modern Tails will switch his ability to Swim. You'll can swim for 8sec.

If i want to add more abilities i'll post it here.

That's all for his abilities. I don't know about coding lua, sooooo yeah, any help would be appreciable (if you don't want... I understand, I'll manage.)

Sprites still in progress.

Anyways, I'll post progress here.

See you soon!
Bro i think you should make your own sprites instead of editing tails sprites

There is no realease date.

I’m stil thinking of the abilities

And yes i‘ll can turn super
My mind will not get off this mod until I know you’re still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back