Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I have no screenshots from the server. But, the new isomap is out with new labels and some changes.

SRB2MC3_20120721.png

This time, the labeled isomap came out with lower resolution.

On the other hand, I have something different to show up:

Full-HD isomap of the world during the day (19MB)

Full-HD isomap of the world during the night (16MB)

Right-click to open them in a new window or to download. You can zoom-in if you want. The definition is 1px=1block or higher. Note that any block higher than y=128 isn't shown in the maps.

Last edited:
The fact that I can see the tower of sugarcane in there absolutely cracks me up.

I love how the server is full of structures above the sea.
There's a floating "garden" (?) at 340,590, between a swampland and Serendipity, but I never figured out what its purpose is (nor the owner).

Besides, what's the in-game finance system for? I know it had some use in the previous world, but it's pretty useless now and can be easily abused: that's the second time I've become the richest player on the server just by selling junk. The 1st time was when I harvest the Sapphire City's wheat farm and sold all seeds; this time was after I sold all bones I've collected in the Skellie's grinder to farm XPs. :x

EDIT:

rHKTV.png

for some reason, this causes me... some bad feelings. @.@'

Last edited:
So I installed SonicEther's Unbelievable Shaders mod earlier this week and the results were pretty amazing...

At night:
UbVLp.jpg

Walkway up to Xanthous Tower + trees:
iLu1Y.jpg

Mid-day:
5n9u0.jpg
Night:
fxi68.jpg

Early Morning:
f91My.jpg
Ezer and the sunrise:
TuWuR.jpg

vhGO8.jpg

Sunset above Buckhorn:
WJrmY.jpg

Opening to Ocean + sheep:
2diOV.jpg
Quick pic taken before sunset:
IxLzU.jpg
That's all for now. I'll take more whenever I get the chance.

Today, I have no screenshots from the server. But, the new isomap is out with new labels and some changes.

SRB2MC3_20120721.png
Something you forgot to label.
O7JtTrRkJbBPSfnbzc84dY6omDFL8kxDMNyubxkvYzhay7+FvIiUEMJ1BhzC6ylM0m+YE1ArJJyjRLqpNggQe1TzsF4F2NjnI0xqoVQNRQPs1gliwdZvJolY4SMF6zxdhZvZIk+QnZQIs7ijSwzwegJTndRqolwayQ3xckYIVsI2Uf+P4uivfFsFty+AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
emeraldparkisomap.png
Even if the text is tiny compared to the rest of the isomap, I'd like you to label the damn thing in the next isomap.

What settings are you using on those shaders, Wolfy? I tried using them myself, but the only real effect that seemed to work at full intensity was the waving grass.

What settings are you using on those shaders, Wolfy? I tried using them myself, but the only real effect that seemed to work at full intensity was the waving grass.
I'm using the Ultra DOF shaders package, anisotropic filtering 16x, and anti-aliasing at 16 as well. I don't have waving grass/trees enabled and I tweaked something in composite.fsh to enable higher quality shaders. I tried enabling HDR as well but all that did was made the shaders disappear and kept the lag.

Something you forgot to label.
Even if the text is tiny compared to the rest of the isomap, I'd like you to label the damn thing in the next isomap.
Speaking of which, why did you build over and under q3hardcore's shelter to start with?

No matter if he's been inactive these days (in fact, he paid a visit to see us yesterday), his bed and his chest with his stuff is still there, even his chest is hanging over one of rooms. You'd better respect other people's properties, especially when there's plenty of space around. Please, I'd ask you not to build over and under other people's properties. Additionally, I'd ask you not to mine right under other people's properties.

Pretty much like I'm going there and fence his property before you take over entire land.

Last edited:
Jeez, I didn't notice his house when I started building, and I moved the freakin' rollercoaster.
You want me to move my whole freaking house down a few blocks or something? That's harder than it sounds, and I have WAY too much stuff in chests to just move to a new place.

Last edited:
Um...are you guys keeping the current world, or are you restarting it again for 1.3?
If you're restarting, please port Emerald Park over to a hill or flat place.
Also, I got some stuff that could be half-decent for building something in a new world, so please port my house and chests too. I could actually help with a new world, since I mastered building epic stuff in my 1.3 testing world.
If I get a ton of glass I'll remake the stuff I built in that world on the server.

Interesting that the first day he joined the server, he told me "Dude, I'm just 12, but I'm pretty mature, despite my age". ¬¬'

7wFoj.png

wx9JX.png

So apparently we're moving again when 1.3 hits (or at least, when Bukkit updates). What seed were we planning on? IIRC Charyb said he already had one in mind (citing its notable lack of large ocean spans).

I actually took a look at the "furyhunter" seed in 1.3 Pre-release. It's about the same as it was in 1.2, but there are a lot of subtle differences. There exist a few hills that didn't before. Splendid Valley has a floating island for some reason (which is actually pretty friggin' awesome). In-between Splendid Valley and the site that would be Buckhorn, if it existed, a lot of the dirt layer was scraped away, leaving a large span of stone on the surface. Some extra cave openings, here and there. All in all, kind of interesting to look around.

(EDIT: Oh, and I hope my house gets migrated again. <_< Just the house! Don't have anything else...)

Last edited:
Oh, my apologies. We've been very busy with it all, ever since the last snapshot and the pre-release after it. You'll all be happy to know we found a marvelous seed to use, as good as furyhunter or maybe better. It's chock full of interesting formations, intricate landscape, and large trees. On that note, I'm going to complain about Mojang removing the large trees we had prior to 1.8.3. Why would they even do that? Iceman suggested we use a 1.7.3 world, using the Better World Generation mod, but I'm not sure what I think of that idea. Though it spawns many nice forests, the rest of the biomes, like jungles, seem to suffer from it. Plus, lots of chunk errors, and terrain artifacts all about. But the biggest reason, is because Ezer, Cyborger1, and I already have things started some work in the new seed, as part of our preparing it.

But to give you all a little taste of it all...

Spawn.png

Battle%20of%20the%20Biomes.png

For%20Sale%21%20Beautiful%20Icefront%20Property.png

Where%20the%20Dojo%20Things%20Are.png

Of course, the whole reason we are doing this, is like last time, to preserve people's long toiled over creations, and to make a funner experience for the players. So, as always, we will need to know what people want ported, and what sort of area they want it in. I put together a Google Document detailing what needs to be ported and where it should go. I made a section for each person I could remember, but I probably forgot a few people, as I had no list. It's editable by everyone, so if you want something ported, write it on there. If it's not on there I cannot guarantee it will be ported. Just make sure you write what it is, where it is if it isn't well known, and what sort of environment you want it in. As in, high, low, next to water, in a jungle, forest, etc. etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wuGq3IoJrvQjKTrifC27tPWhxSMz9uivF6HfckxoW-0/edit

However, we will only be able to port things once Bukkit is updated, because us being able to use our WorldEdit powers depends on it. But in the meantime, we have plenty to do~
pleeeeennnnntyyyyy...

Last edited:
On that note, I'm going to complain about Mojang removing the large trees we had prior to 1.8.3.
404 Version does not exist

Anyway, that second screenshot has some really cool looking mountains in the background. cant wait to find the 8 emerald ores in that mountain biome :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back