Metal Sonic 3.0

Metal Sonic 3.0 v1.5 Revamp and Fix

Isaque

Isaque
omg its the roblox skin guy from sss!!!!111!!!11!!
i know he isnt from there
Post automatically merged:

also while in idle state changing the character just bugs it out so the character it got changed to is floating
Post automatically merged:

here

Attachments

• srb20126.gif
    srb20126.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
This is basically everything vanilla Metal Sonic wanted to be - fast, can hover, has boostmode which was made slightly easier to keep. The changes in gameplay were not many, but I enjoyed them.

The idle pose is probably the highlight of this mod - it's awesome, unique and... has its fair share of bugs...
- While idle-floating Metal Sonic 3.0 will try to stay fixed at the specific height, which essentially gives him knockback resistance if someone shoots at him.
- If Metal Sonic 3.0 goes idle while standing on a vertically moving FOF platform, he will once again try to stay fixed at the specific height. The platform may try to push him up or down but once his favourite Z coordinate becomes unoccupied, he goes back to floating at it even if it means clipping through the platform. This is mostly useless, but in Black Rock Core once you defeat Brak Eggman you can quickly stand in the center and clip through the roof of the escape pod, allowing you to end the level a little bit earlier.
- Finally, if you end a level while idle-floating (easy to test with exitlevel command; you can also die/retry in single-player while idle-floating), you start the next (the same for dying case) level in idle-floating state. This usually throws your starting position very high up (You touch the ceiling most of the time, but Castle Eggman 1 shows just how high you can be) and gradually drift down until you touch the floor, which teleports you back to the height you started at. If you try to move, then instead of falling normally you zoom to the floor, so again, this is mostly useless.
Certain levels are exceptions - you still start in idle pose, but you're standing on the floor (Castle Eggman 3 spawns you under the floor, killing you instantly. And since you keep the idle pose even if you die this means in single player you will restart the level and immediately die again...)

Attachments

• MS3.0.1_SuperArmor.gif
    MS3.0.1_SuperArmor.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 126
  • MS3.0.2_FOFclip.gif
    MS3.0.2_FOFclip.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 104
  • MS3.0.2_FOFunclip.gif
    MS3.0.2_FOFunclip.gif
    1 MB · Views: 78
  • MS3.0.3_FloatEnd.gif
    MS3.0.3_FloatEnd.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, guys! I've already notified the team and a patch should be pushed out for this soon.

Admittedly, we should have done more playtesting lol.

Last edited:
It's a good mod. until i let my pc run for the rest of the night and came up to this.
srb20000.png

Let's go, Metal Sonic 3.0 is a really good character. Metal 3.0 does something unique because the Cross Momentum Support is the first ever character with a different color palette instead of just giving the tripped sprite. Very good character addon.

the Cross Momentum Support is the first ever character with a different color palette
Actually, if you looked deeper into the Characters section, you'd know Terra the Pangolin was the first modded character with a special XMom color - I planned to save this function for Extra Life v2, but I might consider releasing it in the near future.

Actually, if you looked deeper into the Characters section, you'd know Terra the Pangolin was the first modded character with a special XMom color - I planned to save this function for Extra Life v2, but I might consider releasing it in the near future.
Oh, I forgot to try out Terra the Pangolin. Crap. Huh, I guess I was close but not on point. :blink:

This is basically everything vanilla Metal Sonic wanted to be - fast, can hover, has boostmode which was made slightly easier to keep. The changes in gameplay were not many, but I enjoyed them.

The idle pose is probably the highlight of this mod - it's awesome, unique and... has its fair share of bugs...
- While idle-floating Metal Sonic 3.0 will try to stay fixed at the specific height, which essentially gives him knockback resistance if someone shoots at him.
- If Metal Sonic 3.0 goes idle while standing on a vertically moving FOF platform, he will once again try to stay fixed at the specific height. The platform may try to push him up or down but once his favourite Z coordinate becomes unoccupied, he goes back to floating at it even if it means clipping through the platform. This is mostly useless, but in Black Rock Core once you defeat Brak Eggman you can quickly stand in the center and clip through the roof of the escape pod, allowing you to end the level a little bit earlier.
- Finally, if you end a level while idle-floating (easy to test with exitlevel command; you can also die/retry in single-player while idle-floating), you start the next (the same for dying case) level in idle-floating state. This usually throws your starting position very high up (You touch the ceiling most of the time, but Castle Eggman 1 shows just how high you can be) and gradually drift down until you touch the floor, which teleports you back to the height you started at. If you try to move, then instead of falling normally you zoom to the floor, so again, this is mostly useless.
Certain levels are exceptions - you still start in idle pose, but you're standing on the floor (Castle Eggman 3 spawns you under the floor, killing you instantly. And since you keep the idle pose even if you die this means in single player you will restart the level and immediately die again...)
Any update on this?

Last edited:
does anyone know what the character name for metal is? I put metalsonic3.0, metal3.0 and others but they don't work! i need the name so i can do a funny with models.dat and put a model on metal

Isaque updated Metal Sonic 3.0 with a new update entry:

Revamp and Fix

This is the first update of Metal Sonic 3.0 and probably the last

View attachment 115376

New CSS art (bad quality cause i did'nt used a actual app to do art)​

Every single sprite is now revamped whit:
- New Gold Color (and better of course)
- Black stripes for the Hands (as the renders from SSS)
- Red Belly (as the renders from SSS)
- Gold Shines instead of Blue Shines (just to be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back