Meta Knight

Meta Knight v1

That is Amazing,specially in the menu where you seen him flying around for hours and for hours.

have you ever.. Met-a Knight?
bruh.jpg

• Cool!
Reactions: M.K
The Perfect mixtures of Meta Knight...
Brawl's attacks, classic style, and has a bit of every good Kirby appearance in him...
Truly the best!

Mets Knight is here! Now he can journey with Kirby! Maybe, Dedede, Waddle Dee, and others can join the two! I do have a few requests though...
-A command makes him have no mask.
-Look like Galacta and Dark M. Knight.
Otherwise,
Outstanding Job!

Everything about this is just the absolute best.

A word of advice: use the Slate color. You won't regret it.

1. Both Kirby and Meta Knight cannot turn Super even using Pandoras Box
Since Kirby does it, and this mod doing the same, cant help but ask if its intentional

2. Mach Tornado should probably break floors. I mean yeah downward thrust does the job, but it would be a niche change.

3. Incompatibility with Buddy EX, I thought of having a Kirby and Meta Knight combo, but Meta Knight's missing his body, and tosses red rings. Turns out that's the default ability for BuddyEX... presumably, since Kirby has the same problem, throwing red rings, but his shoes are missing instead of his body. Of course since Kirby is ALSO incompatible with BuddyEX, you don't need to add compatibility, just notifying the oddity's existence.

4. His Rapid Jab is way better than it needs to be but that's not really a problem, but i can hit eggman twice before he can move if i aim and time it right :)

5. You should get *something* if you charge it but not fully charge it, something as simple it just doing the sword move again but with slightly more range would be neat. You know, sorta like how Mega Man has semi-charged shots, and you dont only get a reward for the full charge.
To be fair some instances of the Peelout ability has the same problem where you dont move at all if you dont charge it to max.

1. Both Kirby and Meta Knight cannot turn Super even using Pandoras Box
Since Kirby does it, and this mod doing the same, cant help but ask if its intentional
Kirby can turn super. You just need to hold tossflag while doing so. The same probably applies to MK

Kirby can turn super. You just need to hold tossflag while doing so. The same probably applies to MK
Kirby gets the starship... that can't fly?

Meta Knight doesnt seem to have super.
Also when you enable super form on Kirby or Meta Knight in pandoras box and close out of the menu, and open it again, the option to enable super form will be white again... so maybe kirby and meta knight use a special thing instead of the vanilla thing for super, or pandoras box super doesnt work for custom chars

Last edited:
10/10 mod. i was also gonna mention the fact that theres no emerald reward/super, but seems as someone's already done that. amazing mod.

This mod is fantastic. And the customizable cape color is a nice touch. Though I kinda wonder why custom 2 is crouch rather than custom 1. And I was wondering if there could be a command to switch the the crouch to custom 1.

Great Srb2 wad mod custom character trailer for the Popstar Warrior, I just saw it a little while ago!
Like I said before, Meta Knight's gonna go far in the srb2 "meta"! :wink:

I managed to get soft-locked in one portion of Deep Sea Zone act 2. I got into a part of the level that usually only Amy or Knuckles could get to, but I couldn't leave because I died once and the door behind me closed. I couldn't use the spinny thing to open up the door Knuckles probably could get to, and I couldn't get enough height with the yellow springs like Amy could.
Also, kinda wanted to be able to summon a big tornado projectile, like in Kirby Super Star. You can already charge your sword attacks to either go Mach-Tornado or just send a really long-range sword beam, but I feel like charging up and then using the downward thrust could create a tornado. If that feels a bit crazy, you could add a second, really short charge time before slamming the sword on the ground summons the big wind cylinder, but either way it feels odd that the downward thrust doesn't interact with charging your sword at all.
In fact, you could fix the soft-lock by using a charged downward thrust! You could make it so if you charge your sword, then use a downward thrust, THEN hit a spring (interrupting the tornado), you could get launched further, like Amy does! I feel it would be odd if he had the ability to go super far with springs normally, considering the extra jumps he can use afterwards, but doing it this way could be a nice addition.
Aside from that one soft-lock I found, Meta Knight is really fun to play with!

I found an odd bug during my playthrough - if you're in reverse gravity and you try to use Mach Tornado to gain height by holding Jump, you bounce off of an invisible ceiling.
Mach_Tornado_and_Reverse_Gravity_Dont_Mix.gif

Otherwise, this is an amazing mod and I had a blast playing it!

I managed to get soft-locked in one portion of Deep Sea Zone act 2. I got into a part of the level that usually only Amy or Knuckles could get to, but I couldn't leave because I died once and the door behind me closed. I couldn't use the spinny thing to open up the door Knuckles probably could get to, and I couldn't get enough height with the yellow springs like Amy could.
Also, kinda wanted to be able to summon a big tornado projectile, like in Kirby Super Star. You can already charge your sword attacks to either go Mach-Tornado or just send a really long-range sword beam, but I feel like charging up and then using the downward thrust could create a tornado. If that feels a bit crazy, you could add a second, really short charge time before slamming the sword on the ground summons the big wind cylinder, but either way it feels odd that the downward thrust doesn't interact with charging your sword at all.
In fact, you could fix the soft-lock by using a charged downward thrust! You could make it so if you charge your sword, then use a downward thrust, THEN hit a spring (interrupting the tornado), you could get launched further, like Amy does! I feel it would be odd if he had the ability to go super far with springs normally, considering the extra jumps he can use afterwards, but doing it this way could be a nice addition.
Aside from that one soft-lock I found, Meta Knight is really fun to play with!
Use Mach Tornado and hit the spring. You’ll get launched up and have just enough height to make it

Use Mach Tornado and hit the spring. You’ll get launched up and have just enough height to make it
Thanks for the tip! It did indeed give me more than enough height to enter the next area. However, the wall of spikes right afterwards seems to be another roadblock, and I don't see any abilities breaking spikes...

Meta Knight crashes the game in record attack because his code unintentionally deletes the record attack ghost.
Here's the problematic hook:
Lua:
addHook("MobjThinker", function(ghost)
    if(ghost and ghost.valid and ghost.skin == "metaknight")
        and(ghost.sprite2 >= SPR2_TAL0 and ghost.sprite2 <= SPR2_TALB)
        P_RemoveMobj(ghost)
    end
end, MT_GHOST)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back