Max Control Pack

Max Control Pack 2.2a

srb20023.gif
relatable

The Real Inferno updated Max Control Sonic - Full Power with a new update entry:

v2 - The BIG Update!

After quite a while, I have finally achieved everything I wanted to originally achieve with MCSonic, and as such, v2 shall finally come forth.

- A lot of new VFX has been added! You'll notice it easily.
- 2 new Co-Op features have been added!
- Momentum Boost! Hit a player whilst in Dashmode to give them a speed boost and either Dashmode or Speed Shoes based on flags.
- Power Share! A Hyper MCSonic player can press Custom 3 on the ground near a player to give them Super! This also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I did actually find a bug as soon as I turned into Super MCSonic. If you start charging a peelout, the figure 8 frames will still be seen.

Already found some issues with 2.1.2:
  • The Super dash frames don't display during a peel-out or during dash mode.
  • Super MCSonic's drop dash doesn't play the correct sound when landing from a drop dash. It should be "DSCDFM01".
  • Some sounds already exist in SRB2.
    • DSPELCHR = DSCDFM11
    • DSPELREL = DSCDFM01
    • DSMCBNCE = DSS3KAE

Last edited:
Already found some issues with 2.1.2:
  • The Super dash frames don't display during a peel-out or during dash mode.
  • Super MCSonic's drop dash doesn't play the correct sound when landing from a drop dash. It should be "DSCDFM01".
  • Some sounds already exist in SRB2.
    • DSPELCHR = DSCDFM11
    • DSPELREL = DSCDFM01
    • DSMCBNCE = DSS3KAE
... wait, is the Sonic R sound I used seriously from Sonic 3? Or did it regress back to Bubble Shield sound?
1st isn't exactly a bug either, just I haven't added the functionality yet. Super MCSonic also does not have Dash Mode.
Super MCSonic should have the same Drop Dash sound as normal, which is ripped straight from Sonic Mania. (Correction: It's actually just sfx_zoom, which is inherited from the other Drop Dash scripts used as a reference. Don't care enough to fix it, though.)

This mod makes levels like CEZ2 or ACZ2 Terribly lag for me. Crappy laptop i have...
If this mod lags you severely in 2.2.9, that means initating the Lua VM at all causes that, and that is only an issue if your device could barely run SRB2 to begin with.

So, yes, your crappy laptop is at fault.

If this mod lags you severely in 2.2.9, that means initating the Lua VM at all causes that, and that is only an issue if your device could barely run SRB2 to begin with.

So, yes, your crappy laptop is at fault.
Well. CEZ2 doesn't have excessive lag both in Software and OpenGL modes in un-modified-vanilla state. This has been recently began to happen to me that. Loading specific SRB2 Add-Ons (Like Cman or Jim) or loading a lot of add-ons would make levels like CEZ2 Extremely lag. I've used my laptop for 10 months by now and i've notice other games too have performance issues recently.

Well. CEZ2 doesn't have excessive lag both in Software and OpenGL modes in un-modified-vanilla state. This has been recently began to happen to me that. Loading specific SRB2 Add-Ons (Like Cman or Jim) or loading a lot of add-ons would make levels like CEZ2 Extremely lag. I've used my laptop for 10 months by now and i've notice other games too have performance issues recently.
This is due to said mods using Lua, which starts the Lua VM. 2.2.9 optimized the Lua VM itself to prevent most lag, so if it is bringing CEZ2 to a halt, your laptop is currently barely running vanilla SRB2.

This is due to said mods using Lua, which starts the Lua VM. 2.2.9 optimized the Lua VM itself to prevent most lag, so if it is bringing CEZ2 to a halt, your laptop is currently barely running vanilla SRB2.
Actually, this isn't the problem, I'm experiencing the same issue as SinOrejas293, as even though when I'm in vanilla CEZ2 runs at a butter-smooth 35fps, but when I add the newest version of Max Control Sonic, it starts lagging and in some cases can bring it down to around 8-12fps when using some additional Lua, looking at the perfstat mobj logic Max Control Sonic brings it to 10ms compared to 3ms with other character mods and even vanilla, it seems the mod also uses way more PlayerThinks than necessary, none of these issues happened with previous versions of the mod, so I assume this problem started recently, I hope they'll be able to get fixed soon, as this is most likely my favourite SRB2 mod and it's a shame it's lagging my game now.

Actually, this isn't the problem, I'm experiencing the same issue as SinOrejas293, as even though when I'm in vanilla CEZ2 runs at a butter-smooth 35fps, but when I add the newest version of Max Control Sonic, it starts lagging and in some cases can bring it down to around 8-12fps when using some additional Lua, looking at the perfstat mobj logic Max Control Sonic brings it to 10ms compared to 3ms with other character mods and even vanilla, it seems the mod also uses way more PlayerThinks than necessary, none of these issues happened with previous versions of the mod, so I assume this problem started recently, I hope they'll be able to get fixed soon, as this is most likely my favourite SRB2 mod and it's a shame it's lagging my game now.
That's strange, considering I have no FPS issues... interesting.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back