Master Server Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I broke the SA city rule because I had a superspringshoe.wad tag
in there... I'll take a ban out of guilt now...

i can see how this will go Lighter Rules Vs. Same Rules why don't we make an agreement so that this is at least 95% Fair instead of 50%? My idea for this is a chat room server limit and RP server limit that way those who want to do can do that and everyone else can go without. Hope you can resolve this. (sry if I'm late on this but i don't feel like reading 13 pages of fighting.)

TooManyWads.jpg

Rule against plz.

That would depend on what you are wanting the cap to be set to.

I usually host around 6-9 wadfiles at a time and will likely add more as I find use for other ones. If too low, setting a cap would be determental to my hosting activities.

I also fail to see how this affects Logan in any way. Last time I checked, the amount of wads hosted on one's server have absolutely no effect on the amount of his bandwidth they take up. Now the bandwidth of the server in question, the download bandwidth is their problem.

And, as long as they aren't breaking the Hangout/RP rule, what is it to us to determine a maximum number of wads to host with? If you don't like servers that use 20+ wads, don't join them. Host your own server if it annoys you so much.

on Edge said:
N00bs do not intentionally make the master server yucky, however that is their nature.

Ya Im a noob but not that stupid to host hangout.
Also I would recommend a certain amount of players being able to play.(32 too many)

josh the hedgehog said:
on Edge said:
N00bs do not intentionally make the master server yucky, however that is their nature.

Ya Im a noob but not that stupid to host hangout.
Also I would recommend a certain amount of players being able to play.(32 too many)

You don't act like a noob, I'd say you're a newbie. A noob is someone who has no idea what they're doing and won't admit it, thinks they own, etc. A newbie admits they're new and need a bit of help and accepts it.

There's a difference, you know.

um i have a question, first mario's server mario is the host he hang outs on a emerald stage, i cant stop him from hang out, it wont stop i dont know hwo to report servers,

There is no special way, you just... tell FF or Mystic. They are the ones who just stop what they're doing and beat the tar out of the rule violators.

They probably eat them.

Actually, in console, you use "nodes;listwad;showmap;gametype", copy your log txt and host in on NoMorePasting.com, then show it to the Master Server banlist topic.

WTF

1. No chat, roleplay, hangout/chilling/party/etc. servers. The Master Server is for netgames where people are actually playing the game the way it is intended to be played. If you want to chat, roleplay, or hangout, either use a chatroom or host without advertising on the Master Server.

WTF no chat or role play or anything that people LIKE to do?!?!?!?!?!? That is way TOO unfair.
Too unfair to be true is what I say.

It's plenty fair. It's not your master server, you have no rights to it. Any access is a privilege that can be revoked at any time. The rules are a TOS doc. Don't like them? Host your own Master Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back