Maimy, the Rosy Robot

Maimy, the Rosy Robot Hotfix

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
An original character with unique appearance that isn't overdesigned and fun gameplay that's not only engaging but mostly balanced too? This is what I like to see! Love it!

Last edited:
i like this but i do not know how to download it the new website change is confusing for me. update: i feel dumb i found the download button and i hate myself... if you hate yourself dont love yourself you are an amazing person im sure if you dont think so then well maybe try loving yourself. anyway after that speech imma try this out now.

Last edited:
Doing a playthrough of the game with this character as I write this, and I will say, she's really fun to play as so far, though there is one particular boss I have issues with, Castle Eggman. It seems impossible to fight this boss without having to damage boost to hit him in the first phase because of how the mace works, so, unless there's something I'm missing, perfect scores are impossible for this boss. If anyone has any suggestions for fighting this boss in a way that doesn't involve mandatory damage boosting, please let me know.

Saw a lot on Discord, from what I can tell this should be quite the fun character!

adding this to my list of faves definitely. Great spritework, extremely fluid and fun characters all around. 10/10 stuff

I found a bug in multiplayer, if you disconnect while Maimy and in waiting state, the "Ballon" stays there
srb20292.gif

Sometimes you glitch and stay in the color of the Dashmode
srb20147.png

Last edited:
Doing a playthrough of the game with this character as I write this, and I will say, she's really fun to play as so far, though there is one particular boss I have issues with, Castle Eggman. It seems impossible to fight this boss without having to damage boost to hit him in the first phase because of how the mace works, so, unless there's something I'm missing, perfect scores are impossible for this boss. If anyone has any suggestions for fighting this boss in a way that doesn't involve mandatory damage boosting, please let me know.
Actually you can, as you can see in the gif, if you hit it with the spikeball, the shockwave hits him!

Attachments

• srb20072.gif
    srb20072.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 821
When you swing the mace in the air she curls up and is in a state her actual body can damage with, so aim with yourself and not the mace and it can be dealt with like that. Took me a bit to realize this too, don't worry

Did a playthrough with the character recently, really love how she combines the straight forward nature of Amy with some of Metal's shenanigans. CEZ3 did give me trouble though thank goodness there was forethought into her jump attack that also let her curl for a brief bit (even if it's tricky to land).

Will say though, I kinda wish the mace could interact with springs but I'm guessing that wasn't done due to balancing? Would've been interesting no less. Overall pretty great character without too much fluff.

Incredible sprite work! A shining example if what a creative character can be, it's super admirable~
I haven't played as them yet, but it's really neat <3

Nice work on this character! Im good with amy so this kinda fits me now to be honest im hoping for a metal version of fang

I would suggest that super Maimy be nerfed so that she can only do 2 rocket jumps per bout of being in the air; being able to do an infinite amount of them just means that you can spam rocket jump to fly over everything, which doesn't feel fun. Alternatively, she could be nerfed to do 1 rocket jump per jump while super, and you could give her a new super move, such as a repeated vertical spin in mid-air with your mace if you hold down spin in mid-air, which, upon contact with the ground, is capable of launching you even higher off of the ground than a regular super mace spin, and will produce a shockwave to boot.

I would suggest that super Maimy be nerfed so that she can only do 2 rocket jumps per bout of being in the air; being able to do an infinite amount of them just means that you can spam rocket jump to fly over everything, which doesn't feel fun. Alternatively, she could be nerfed to do 1 rocket jump per jump while super, and you could give her a new super move, such as a repeated vertical spin in mid-air with your mace if you hold down spin in mid-air, which, upon contact with the ground, is capable of launching you even higher off of the ground than a regular super mace spin, and will produce a shockwave to boot.
I think you miss the point of super forms.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back