chaosboy90
Member
To be completely honest, the SRB2 community is slowly dying every day, probably because of the lack of updates and mod leaks
I think he's talking about the volume of updates. (I doubt anyone would count hotfixes, btw :P)Lack of updates? The game literally updated earlier this year. As for the mod leaks... it's bad, but acting like it's killing the scene is a bit silly. Things are slow now, sure, but we don't need the consistent hits of 2021 and 2022 to keep the community alive. I'm sick of seeing all these "the community is dying" threads, man.
The low point is expected because the bulk of development work is on 2.3 now. The same thing happened with 2.1.x as it wound down to eventually make way for 2.2.I think he's talking about the volume of updates. (I doubt anyone would count hotfixes, btw :P)
The last non-hotfix update we had was 2.2.14 and it was released over a year after 2.2.13. Just because it was somewhat recent doesn't mean the game isn't being updated less.
Oh my gah bro- SHUT THE HECK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPTo be completely honest, the SRB2 community is slowly dying every day, probably because of the lack of updates and mod leaks
(As a matter of fact. SA.S itself got a major update few days ago so I'm not sure what "dying" he's yapping about. :P I bet that if X Sonic instead got a major update then this thread wouldn't exist smh...)You don't need an Adventure Sonic size hit every damn year for a game to be alive.
Tbh I was also feeling like this because I was relying on modsTo be completely honest, the SRB2 community is slowly dying every day, probably because of the lack of updates and mod leaks

OP isn’t wishing for mod leaks.and wishing for leaks?
really?
as someone who's in charge of a semi large project/ collab, having stuff leak is not fun since it could spoil surprises that the team is excited about and could cause a add-on to be cancelled.
This is unfortunately a common trope of internet behavior these days, which is why it is very important to have the ability to control just who is let in. While the staff here can closely monitor everything for unwanted leaks, this is far from the only place where people might post them.as someone who's in charge of a semi large project/ collab, having stuff leak is not fun since it could spoil surprises that the team is excited about and could cause a add-on to be cancelled.
It's a bit ambiguous in the wording, and could be taken either way. Assuming you are correct, if it were me sharing such a sentiment I'd word it "mod leaks and a lack of updates" so that the subject matter "mod leaks" doesn't come after "a lack of" to keep the spirit of what is being said clear. As actually worded however, it could be interpreted either way and requires clarification from the OP for us to know for certain what was meant.OP isn’t wishing for mod leaks.
They brought them up as a reason the community was dying in their eyes.