Kart Builder

[Open Assets] Kart Builder 1.3

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
template.png

An aseprite extension for drawing, previewing and exporting racers for Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers.

For full documentation and installation instructions, visit the GitHub page.

Prerequisites
Installation
  1. Grab the latest release.
  2. Double-click on the kart-builder.aseprite-extension to install it.
For alternate installation methods, consult the aseprite documentation.

Exporting
  1. Open File > Export > Export Kart to open the Export Kart dialog.
  2. Click [...] in the lower-right and specify an output path.
  3. Click Save to write a *.pk3 to that location.
Editing

Kart Builder uses a special *.ase file as your workspace. This file contains all of the layers, animations and S_SKIN properties of your add-on. Sounds should be *.ogg files kept next to your *.ase file or in a subfolder like sounds/*.ogg. An example template is provided in examples/example.ase.

Features

Full export for all sprites and sounds
Visual editor for `S_SKIN` properties
Live preview for frames and palettes
Raised wheel (Eggman) kart template
Modded rivals support
Multi-racer bundling
SRB2K legacy export

Support

Open an issue if you have any feature suggestion or bug report. Please include your *.ase file and a screenshot of any errors. Join the Kart Krew Discord for any additional help using Kart Builder.

Last edited by a moderator:
1716768599876.png

When I did a test export just to make sure it works, I get this error that pops up. My version of Aesprite is v1.3-rc4-dev, so...

Love this and much better then kartmaker IMO. Might even replace kartmaker for me once it is fully done. Would love for follower support at some point

the tutorials do NOT even help, what the fuck do i do?
when i went to file > export > export kart it wasnt there (the export kart part)

edit: oh its a problem i gotta do myself

Last edited:
so i downloading this and i double clicked the extension and it shows "how do you want to open this file" WHAT DO I DO!

Could Somebody help me use this I'm having some trouble with it I loaded the extension but I wasn't able to export kart

Last edited:
Why is the transparency color set to index 1? 255 seems like it should be the obvious candidate since it's traditionally the transparency color anyway, and it's not part of a gradient like index 1 is.

Back