Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I have a pet-peeve with your running frames on Sonic characters. It looks kinda weird when you try to imitate the way their feet move (such as in the classic Sonic games and the default SRB2 characters) at full running speed. I would like it if you would try to make the running frames look more natural.

Not that these are bad in any way, these are absolutely amazing. I just would like to see if you can make it look like a more natural running pose.

Jeck, I just got an amazing idea. You should make a Bowser MD2 for the Bowser Object! And the Sonic colors springs, since they only have a sphere at the bottom so you could rotate it any which way you want. Maybe then you could even make... a Goomba! Or a Gloomba! Gosh, so many ideas.
EDIT: And maybe the Brawl Chaos Emeralds.
EDIT2: And maybe pose the Brawl Eggman to match the Eggman statues.
EDIT3: And maybe use the SMG Coin for the Coins.
EDIT4: You still haven't made the spikeball I suggested earlier.
EDIT5: SADX Metal Sonic would make a great SRB1 Metal Sonic.
EDIT6: Sorry for so many edits, but I didn't want to make a double post. It seems the actual Sonic model from colors is on the Models Resource.

Last edited:
Thanks for all ideas, I'll be sure to try them. But the funny thing is I already did half the things you suggested. I got a goomba, named it the identity of the gommba sprites, put the data in md2.dat, and nothing happens. When I try to model almost anything else they won't show up. (new enemies, spike ball etc.) when I figure out what I am doing wrong I will try to release. But I do have those brawl chaos emeralds, didn't think anyone wanted them, but I'll release shortly. And I'm already working on Sonic Colors.

Last edited:
Awesome! Once the Colors Sonic comes out, I'll be (one of) the first to download it.

EDIT: Your Sonic (GL Armour) is your best work so far, in my opinion. As opposed to the Mario MD2, it looks like it's walking when it's walking, not skating.
EDIT2: http://www.models-resource.com/other_systems/shadowthehedgehog/sheet/609 This. Use it for the Vulture.

Also, http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/khbirthbysleep/sheet/747 = Good character?

Either that, or http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/KH2FM/sheet/99.

EDIT3: As a replacement for the Sonic into Dreams Sprites, comes: http://www.models-resource.com/other_systems/nightsintodreams/sheet/798

Wouldn't actually playing NiGHTS in the NiGHTS stages be awesome?

Last edited:
One other thing. Why do you insist on making Super frames rock back and forth stupidly? It looks stiff and retarded, and is just not natural.

I've got one question for you, Jeck. Why did you use a carpet pattern for Mighty's head-flap-shield-thing?!

Because plan red was boring and I suck at making textures from scratch. I appreciate the feedback from everyone (finally) but could you be a tiny bit nicer about it?

O, Jeck, You wrote "KNUCKLES SHUFFEL" instead of shuffle.
Yep, that's the only thing I've got to say... For now.

Hello there Jeck Jims.

I just wanted to say that your models make me feel like I'm playing a modern day Sonic the Hedgehog game. But... I wonder what the "Sonic & Tails" model does. (I know there's a "Sonic and Knuckles" version of that model as well.)

Anyways, I just wanted to say "Keep up the good work."

My latest work (in progress:)

sorapic.png
It's Chris Thorndyke...! Oh, wait...

Welp his arms and legs are way thin IMO. I didn't play to many games of "Chris Thorndyke", but were his shoes always THIS big? Or is that an illusion caused by the small legs?

Now that you mention it, the similarity between Chris Thorndyke and...that character...is frightening. I'll never look at a...that character's... game the same again.

Im wondering... How did you put 2 different md2 on the same picture?

Last edited:
I think I'm starting to learn something new...

xsrb0111.png

... and I'm loving.

(made with Blender3D)

Last edited:
I know right! It's so fun! But, can we keep the posting of other people models to a minimum, that's not really what this thread is for. If you want me to release with you as co-author then that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back