• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
  • We've updated our submissions guidelines to address AI generated content, take a look at them here.

PikaJade

Modder
Hi! I did it again.
srb20086.gif
1756943450899.gif
After a little bit of frustration with another project I'm working on, I decided to channel my excess creative energy into another character mod. 4 days later, the hard-working secretary from the Animal Crossing series, Isabelle, is in mostly functioning condition! Her moveset is a bit different from a lot of my other characters, being more focused around verticality. She's meant to have a bit more of a relaxed playstyle, true to her home series. Her moveset is pretty much fully functional, but as you can see, her sprites need some work, which I'm working on now.

Side note, I've got to stop making characters with huge heads and tiny, stubby arms that can't reach up past their own big, stupid face for SPR2_RIDE. This is just ridiculous at this point...
srb20098.png
 
Side note, I've got to stop making characters with huge heads and tiny, stubby arms that can't reach up past their own big, stupid face for SPR2_RIDE. This is just ridiculous at this point...View attachment 173031
What if you would reference the SA1 hanging animation? I guess it could work somehow? The tilt could make it somewhat possible for her to physically hold to the line with her wobble figure head. :P
BF68E6BD-111C-41FD-AF5F-74F72A49829F.gif



Or you also could make her use some tool from the game to hang onto the ropes like on a zipline... not sure what she could use though. •_•
 
All of the 3D animation is done! She no longer turns into an Amy recolor from time to time. She'll be in the same style as Celadon and Infinite, meaning I just need to add outlines (which I figured out how to automate), and manually draw the faces onto...
1757108667671.png

...all 500 frames of animation...
Okay. Well. That's an exaggeration. Around 3/8 of those, or 37.5%, are back-facing, meaning she's facing away and I don't have to draw her face on those frames. Which leaves... still over 300 frames of animation! I've got a lot of work ahead of me! ...Yeah, that's already going to be enough of an undertaking. I hope you can see why I'm not opting for Pikachu v2-style manually lined and antialiased sprites here...

(There was no embarassingly incorrect calculator screenshot here before. Trust.)
 
Last edited:
I should probably specify that I decided to cancel this one. Her moveset was uninspired and just kind of existed for the sake of existing, and I couldn't get the face to look right. She was fun to work on, but ultimately, I'm not happy enough with how she looks and plays to warrant pushing through the monotonous part and putting out something finished. Sorry to disappoint. The file is attached; go nuts. You've got my permission to do whatever you want with her from here.

I do have another character mod waiting for approval, though; it's one I think more people have been wanting to see, and one that's a lot more fun to play as! Plus, with that and 2011X v1.4 out of the way, my time is freed up to do whatever random thing my brain latches onto next. I know there's been a lot of stuff getting cancelled on here as of late, but don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!

Not like I could leave SRB2 if I wanted to, anyway. This game's my current hyperfixation whether the community is "dead" or not.
 

Attachments

  • isabelle.pk3
    2.4 MB · Views: 143
I should probably specify that I decided to cancel this one. Her moveset was uninspired and just kind of existed for the sake of existing, and I couldn't get the face to look right. She was fun to work on, but ultimately, I'm not happy enough with how she looks and plays to warrant pushing through the monotonous part and putting out something finished. Sorry to disappoint. The file is attached; go nuts. You've got my permission to do whatever you want with her from here.

I do have another character mod waiting for approval, though; it's one I think more people have been wanting to see, and one that's a lot more fun to play as! Plus, with that and 2011X v1.4 out of the way, my time is freed up to do whatever random thing my brain latches onto next. I know there's been a lot of stuff getting cancelled on here as of late, but don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!

Not like I could leave SRB2 if I wanted to, anyway. This game's my current hyperfixation whether the community is "dead" or not.
shame you had to cancel this one, i really liked the sprite work for her and you did a great job. although i can't wait to see more of what you do in the future.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back
Top