Is the end of srb2's Android Port coming?

Greyzin

so I was looking at the posts and I saw one that was because I remember a bug, but that's not it, in fact I saw that the Port of srb2 for Android is going to be discontinued. that's true? (sorry for the bad english i'm still learning in my country)

The Android port has already been discontinued for a few months, when the only developer working on the Android port stopped maintaining it. Since then, that developer has also left the development team and the SRB2 community altogether.

So unless a miracle happens and someone with enough programming skills suddenly steps in to continue the work, the end of SRB2's Android port is already here.

controls, lag, and the most surprising thing is that opengl works better than software
i mean, it's a pc game on a phone so surprise surprise, it's laggy
controls are obviously bad because they are touchcontrols, you can just connect a controller
i dont know anything about opengl working better

Yeah most problems with the Android port come down to "you are playing a PC game on a budget phone using its touch screen"
The port ran very well on my Pixel 3a, and I always used a controller to play. It was great.

A porta Android já foi descontinuada há alguns meses, quando o único desenvolvedor que trabalhava na porta Android parou de mantê-la. Desde então, esse desenvolvedor também deixou a equipe de desenvolvimento e a comunidade SRB2.

Então, a menos que um milagre aconteça e alguém com habilidades de programação suficientes de repente interfira para continuar o trabalho, o fim da porta Android do SRB2 já está aqui.

The Android port has already been discontinued for a few months, when the only developer working on the Android port stopped maintaining it. Since then, that developer has also left the development team and the SRB2 community altogether.

So unless a miracle happens and someone with enough programming skills suddenly steps in to continue the work, the end of SRB2's Android port is already here.
Wow this is very sad. I've been playing this port since it was released on the official site, and to see it simply discontinued is heartbreaking. Well I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back