I need spriting and custom 1,2,3 buttons help

ToeiSamurai

Im back and better than ever!
You heard me, I'm making a mod (there is no proof therefore not being in Works In Pogress ). I need good spriters, and people to post in the comments how to make an ability for customs 1,2 and 3. Just, how do people do this stuff. Making sprites, coding, and even making their own ability such as shadow doing chaos snap and warping around, skip doing a belly jump, and many more. And I especially need spriting for srb2kart because I'm adding my mod to kart.

JUST HELP ME PLEASE

So basically many mods today make use of blua, or "bastarized lua," a modified version of lua 5.1 used by SRB2. Learning SRB2s blua basically requires you to learn standard lua. I would teach ya, but that would honestly take forever and this post would probably be bigger than the Empire state building if I did so yea.

Your best option for learning how to program in lua is to get one of the Programming in lua textbooks. There's multiple editions that cover different versions of lua, but the one you wanna get is the 2nd edition which covers lua 5.1 (which is what SRB2 blua is based on.)
1645135887952.png

But if you don't want to get the textbook, don't fret! The first edition of Programming in lua is avalible online for free at the official lua website.
https://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html

whoz inumaki
that one who made the shadow mod
Post automatically merged:

So basically many mods today make use of blua, or "bastarized lua," a modified version of lua 5.1 used by SRB2. Learning SRB2s blua basically requires you to learn standard lua. I would teach ya, but that would honestly take forever and this post would probably be bigger than the Empire state building if I did so yea.

Your best option for learning how to program in lua is to get one of the Programming in lua textbooks. There's multiple editions that cover different versions of lua, but the one you wanna get is the 2nd edition which covers lua 5.1 (which is what SRB2 blua is based on.)
View attachment 62705
But if you don't want to get the textbook, don't fret! The first edition of Programming in lua is avalible online for free at the official lua website.
https://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html
Oh my, how could I ever thank you?

Trust me, nobody's gonna do sprite work on a character for someone they don't know.

Spriting takes a LOT of work. You basically need to draw a character over 100 times. If you don't know anything about pixel art (hint aseprite hint paint.net hint), then they ain't getting drawn. Inazuma took years to work on Shadow, and he's still got other personal projects. Even if he wasn't busy, he wouldn't be free either. Nobody would be. The workload is too high to be done for nothing.

In addition, it doesn't seem like you know how coding works either, which is a whole different skill set to learn. Coding may not require the sheer hours to do, but it is still a lot to do and a lot you need to know. Working on a character requires a lot of time and dedication. You cannot gather a team of folks to do something for you unless you already knew them. And even then, all the work starts with you. You need to take those first steps yourself.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back