• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I am working on adding Sonic and Caliburn because nobody else will!

GamingJoe

2023 is the year of amy
I currently have no in-game images due to not having any sprites for them yet, so you'll only get to look at the abilities/description for now!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 5.17.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 5.17.55 PM.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 5.11.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 5.11.22 PM.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 132
Seems cool! Although I would like more of a proof-of-concept than just 2 screenshots of lua code.

Seems cool! Although I would like more of a proof-of-concept than just 2 screenshots of lua code.
Yeah, I'm tryna make one, I have him and the basic abilities in the game I will add a few GIFs soon!
Edit: I don't have any GIFs because my game won't let me make any, so instead I have blessed you with the lowest quality, lowest framerate Chromebook gameplay.

Last edited:
Quick update: I'm gonna see if I can use some character data from Sonic lock and load (by that I mean just import lock and load Sonic into srb2)
Edit: It's super hard to even run lock and load
Post automatically merged:

There is a high chance of me quitting the development of the mod, if I do quit, it'll be because it's too difficult for me (a 14-year-old who sits at his PC all day) to do, sometimes it'll reset my progress, and other times it'll crash before I can save. (the crashing part is because I'm using an unstable version of Slade 3) don't worry though, if I quit, I'll come back later and continue.

I will keep you all up-to-date on the progress, even the smallest changes like adding the steel gauntlet.

Last edited:
It's an fps sonic game primarly based off of doom eternal, that's all I know about it.
It's really not that hard to just import Doom mod sprites into what is fundamentally another Doom mod.

Although, with the current course of this mod I think it'll probably get accepted by the skin of it's teeth. I recommend putting in the time to learn a bit more about the game and come up with some more original abilities using LUA. Also jesus christ the title does not need to be that long.

It's really not that hard to just import Doom mod sprites into what is fundamentally another Doom mod.

Although, with the current course of this mod I think it'll probably get accepted by the skin of it's teeth. I recommend putting in the time to learn a bit more about the game and come up with some more original abilities using LUA. Also jesus christ the title does not need to be that long.
I will take your advice into account. it's the most useful advice I've ever gotten!

I lost the pk3 file, so now I need to restart development.

Last edited:
I will take your advice into account. it's the most useful advice I've ever gotten!

I lost the pk3 file, so now I need to restart development.
That sucks, but still change the name of the thread because it is too long.

I'm gonna do something crazy and ask Alice if she still has those sprites of Sonic and Caliburn from her Sonic and the black knight WADs
https://mb.srb2.org/members/alice.2686/

never hurts to try! im so excited that im not the only Sonic and the Black knight fan whos trying to make some Black knight representation for this game! you got this and have fun!

Quick update: I'm gonna see if I can use some character data from Sonic lock and load (by that I mean just import lock and load Sonic into srb2)
A) Sonic: Lock & Load doesn't have any third-person sprites, sorry; B) they're both technically DOOM, but SRB2 is a different engine, so it's not a simple drag-and-drop.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back