• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hyper Metal Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright so I think most of them saw the sonic ova so as there is already a sonic ova mod I thought "why not make a hyper metal sonic mod from the ova?"

and that's where this idea came from
STNDA1.png
STNDA2A8.png
STNDA3A7.png
STNDA4A6.png
STNDA5.png

Ability:Jump boost
just a little speed for a big jump
srb20082.gif

Last edited:
alright so I think most of them saw the sonic ova so as there is already a sonic ova mod I thought "why not make a hyper metal sonic mod from the ova?"

and that's where this idea came from
View attachment 38987View attachment 38988View attachment 38989View attachment 38990View attachment 38991

Ability:Jump boost
just a little speed for a big jump
View attachment 38534
if you are gonna try and match the OVA I suggest adding purple to his dash effects and maybe purple outline after images, small change but it would really sell the OVA look, also I really like how the biggest change to the sprite is he looks downward, nice iconic stance from the OVA.
Any other ideas you would want to implement in this version of Metal Sonic?
Personally thinking you could add upon the after image effect that makes him basically teleport a short distance, Similar to how shadow's chaos control works in a way.
Another idea is you could make the spin dash into a new move like the dash he does in his race from Sonic CD where his engulphed in electricity, could be slower then a normal spin dash but charges instantly or something?
Although I get the feeling that your picture was the spin dash replacement, but it also could be Super peel out in your gif. But ignore that one if it was the spin dash.
Anyways looking forward to what you can do, oh but one last thing I suggest you make him a darker blue, I don't know if it's just me, but Metal in the OVA seemed to much darker shade of blue. But enough rambling Good luck! And don't take what I say as a request or something that has to be done, just ideas that you might have some use to you.
.1539186808464.png

if you are gonna try and match the OVA I suggest adding purple to his dash effects and maybe purple outline after images, small change but it would really sell the OVA look, also I really like how the biggest change to the sprite is he looks downward, nice iconic stance from the OVA.
Any other ideas you would want to implement in this version of Metal Sonic?
Personally thinking you could add upon the after image effect that makes him basically teleport a short distance, Similar to how shadow's chaos control works in a way.
Another idea is you could make the spin dash into a new move like the dash he does in his race from Sonic CD where his engulphed in electricity, could be slower then a normal spin dash but charges instantly or something?
Although I get the feeling that your picture was the spin dash replacement, but it also could be Super peel out in your gif. But ignore that one if it was the spin dash.
Anyways looking forward to what you can do, oh but one last thing I suggest you make him a darker blue, I don't know if it's just me, but Metal in the OVA seemed to much darker shade of blue. But enough rambling Good luck! And don't take what I say as a request or something that has to be done, just ideas that you might have some use to you.
.View attachment 40470
I'm going to try to do all that but I'm not good at lua

Well actually I don't know anything about the lua

Honestly, I think you gotta give him some overpowered flight like he had in the ova, he would be able to toggle it with shift in the air like the egg reverie mod. To balance it you could make him be able to fly for 10-15 seconds and lose power for his jet and have to charge it again for 5-8 seconds.

hey is this still being worked on? and if so, maybe make as an easter egg if you play as him and sonic he will see trough sonics vison like the movie

guys i have something to tell to all of you
maybe i'll stop working on my hyper metal sonic mod for a while because i don't have two skills that i need for make a custom mod (spriting and scripting) and im doing this mod alone and i have no help
so i will start learning scripting and spriting and i'll continue the mod progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back