How to make VIDEO cutscenes? iS IT EVEN POSSIBLE?

SRB2 does not support any video formats. The closest you could possibly get would be creating a cutscene that goes through each frame of manually converted frames one at a time, and converting the audio from the video to use as background music for it.

I've personally never made a cutscene, so I don't know if the finished product has a chance of looking good. It would take a ton of time and effort regardless, especially since you'd be manually typing up the SOC to define the image sequence.

It is possible the way you described Seventh Sentinel. I believe the Equinox mod does just this.

If not this mod, than I do know that OLDC versions of levels from this did this.

It is possible the way you described Seventh Sentinel. I believe the Equinox mod does just this.

If not this mod, than I do know that OLDC versions of levels from this did this.
Sagenysis and the ending of angel island tour does that too

It's technically possible but not easy, and requires a fairly decent existing knowledge on how SRB2 mods (especially animated textures) work. I did some early experimentation with this back in the 2.1 era.

srb20316.gif

The source for the video is this:

Hopefully you can see the compromises in compression and palette conversion.

I'll try!
Essentially, you'll want to convert your video into a GIF. Then, split that GIF into individual frames, and add those into SLADE as frames of a massive animated texture. Take the audio from the video and add it into your addon as a music track. Place the animated texture on a wall, and use an Alternate View Point object to point the camera at it.

Please note that as SRB2 uses a bizarre framerate (35 FPS), your music file may desync from the animated texture!

I think LJ Sonic made a program to make this easier (and mitigate the FPS issue), but I don't know where the latest version of that is anymore. It should be somewhere on the official SRB2 Discord server, though.

It's technically possible but not easy, and requires a fairly decent existing knowledge on how SRB2 mods (especially animated textures) work. I did some early experimentation with this back in the 2.1 era.

View attachment 78351
I think you have to export EACH FRAME from the video and put it into the SRB2 Palette like Mugen.

Essentially, you'll want to convert your video into a GIF. Then, split that GIF into individual frames, and add those into SLADE as frames of a massive animated texture. Take the audio from the video and add it into your addon as a music track. Place the animated texture on a wall, and use an Alternate View Point object to point the camera at it.

Please note that as SRB2 uses a bizarre framerate (35 FPS), your music file may desync from the animated texture!

I think LJ Sonic made a program to make this easier (and mitigate the FPS issue), but I don't know where the latest version of that is anymore. It should be somewhere on the official SRB2 Discord server, though.
What's the name of this program?

I do not fully recall. It was colloquially referred to as the "theater program" though, since it was used for the SRB2 theater server.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back