how do i make my custom character have a 3d model

Atrix!

Glitcher's Current Owner
how do i make my custom character have a 3d model i need help of how do i make
the 3d model in md3
how do i make the animations
how to make the character 3d model appear in-game

Rule 12: Do not bump threads pointlessly. Knock it off.
I hope next time you eat pancakes or waffles its no more syrup left
Post automatically merged:

Jk

I don't really know how to make models yet so just Google it its not that hard

BUT

you can literally just use maverick model maker it has every thing you need

why you are so mean
well he's probably gone now

well he is, kinda right, maverick model 3d is the program a lot of people use for 3d models but on a custom character you have to have some kinda sprites for the model to replace, let alone the fact that it's far easier to just, not use a model.

So in order to avoid spriting with models you would need to prerender them, which is very much not exclusive to maverick, blender might be able to give artstyle accurate results with enough effort into shaders, but im more experienced with maverick so im just gonna show that

1675384050355.png

This is the screen you wake up to upon booting it up (as well as my taskbar, i guess)
1675384194997.png

In order to start your model you need a primitave, which is a basic 3d shape, and they have settings mostly about the spread of verticies and level of detail, which are points where an angle on a model is, and what gets moved around in animation.

I suggest making sure you have less vertices and triangles, as that can make things easier, and to make sure they exist around joints like knees.

but what if you created something at just the right size and need to move it around?
1675385063031.png

Well, these, but what you're moving around needs to be selected first, (the stuff in red on the wireframe)

you can select different bits of triangles and verticies using the selection tools;
1675385129099.png

note that right click deselects stuff, and each selection tool selects different things as said when hovering your mouse over them (verts, triangles, shapes, then not selecting anything because we havent grouped this stuff under anything)

also holding shift adds to the selection without getting rid of anything

using the selection tools allow you to select parts of things and manipulate verticies in certain ways as well.

I think you can probably see how you could build something basic with this, so let's skip to that. (although there is a better kind of sphere that you can make, but i'd rather keep this short)

Now, I'm gonna call it quits here despite this being pretty much maybe even a bit below surface level, this is a very basic first look at this and you'd be right to ask for help, but hopefully this provides some ground so that you don't have to ask really big questions that people probably wouldn't want to answer

well he's probably gone now maverick model 3d

well he is, kinda right, is the program a lot of people use for 3d models but on a custom character you have to have some kinda sprites for the model to replace, let alone the fact that it's far easier to just, not use a model.

So in order to avoid spriting with models you would need to prerender them, which is very much not exclusive to maverick, blender might be able to give artstyle accurate results with enough effort into shaders, but im more experienced with maverick so im just gonna show that

View attachment 84432
This is the screen you wake up to upon booting it up (as well as my taskbar, i guess)
View attachment 84433
In order to start your model you need a primitave, which is a basic 3d shape, and they have settings mostly about the spread of verticies and level of detail, which are points where an angle on a model is, and what gets moved around in animation.

I suggest making sure you have less vertices and triangles, as that can make things easier, and to make sure they exist around joints like knees.

but what if you created something at just the right size and need to move it around?
View attachment 84434
Well, these, but what you're moving around needs to be selected first, (the stuff in red on the wireframe)

you can select different bits of triangles and verticies using the selection tools;
View attachment 84435
note that right click deselects stuff, and each selection tool selects different things as said when hovering your mouse over them (verts, triangles, shapes, then not selecting anything because we havent grouped this stuff under anything)

also holding shift adds to the selection without getting rid of anything

using the selection tools allow you to select parts of things and manipulate verticies in certain ways as well.

I think you can probably see how you could build something basic with this, so let's skip to that. (although there is a better kind of sphere that you can make, but i'd rather keep this short)

Now, I'm gonna call it quits here despite this being pretty much maybe even a bit below surface level, this is a very basic first look at this and you'd be right to ask for help, but hopefully this provides some ground so that you don't have to ask really big questions that people probably wouldn't want to answer
thank you because i had no idea of using maverick model 3d i just need now to find out how to config the anims

thank you because i had no idea of using maverick model 3d i just need now to find out how to config the anims
Just note that bones are not the way to go with maverick, it's frustratingly difficult to make them even function and you're way better off foregoing them entirely with frame animations, which is the default, but the common use of bones outside of mm3d could make you think otherwise

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back