how do i make a lua which makes the player go up (as in changing the z axis because some idiot made the y and z axis swapped)

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
the title says it all, I want to know how to change the character's x
Screenshot 2021-03-05 8.55.56 AM.png

You need to change player.mo.z or player.mo.momz. Both are R&W, so you can change them at will.

EDIT: That is, to go up. X affects west/east movement, Y affects north/south movement.

Those "idiots" would probably be the people who created Doom, since we inherited our map coordinate system from them. I understand that z may not be the up/down direction in other games, but in Doom, SRB2 and anything else using Doom's engine (or an edit of it), this is how it is.

Those "idiots" would probably be the people who created Doom, since we inherited our map coordinate system from them. I understand that z may not be the up/down direction in other games, but in Doom, SRB2 and anything else using Doom's engine (or an edit of it), this is how it is.
Dudes right, SIG7.

Also, P_InstaThrust can replace all current momentum and make it go in a set direction, P_Thrust is the same but it adds, and P_SetObjectMomZ sets Z momentum and adjusts it based off gravity.

These change player.mo.momx, player.mo.momy, and player.mo.momz, which are variables for momentum in a set axis.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back