How do I change sprites in someones mod?

Is there any way to edit sprites of mod characters? I want to give Soap shoes to Modern Sonic.

And the same question about vanilla characters. I dislike their sprites....

ask first
you cant unless you ask permission
brother in Gaming, permission is required if the intention for the mod is to be released publicly. this was neither made explicit nor implied in any way

Is there any way to edit sprites of mod characters? [...] And the same question about vanilla characters.
Of course.
Basically follow the same procedure as you would for making a custom character, but instead of S_SKIN, you use a P_SKIN. Place the new sprites under the lump, making sure the name of the sprite lumps match the sprites you want to replace.

(Take this with a grain of salt - I believe this is the way to do it, but it's been a while since somebody patched a skin lol)

brother in Gaming, permission is required if the intention for the mod is to be released publicly. this was neither made explicit nor implied in any way

Of course.
Basically follow the same procedure as you would for making a custom character, but instead of S_SKIN, you use a P_SKIN. Place the new sprites under the lump, making sure the name of the sprite lumps match the sprites you want to replace.

(Take this with a grain of salt - I believe this is the way to do it, but it's been a while since somebody patched a skin lol)
well yah but still you need to ask whoever your trying to edit

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back