Hellfire Health

[Open Assets] Hellfire Health 1.1.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

ParaKrei

ParaKrei submitted a new resource:

Hellfire Health - Have Hellfire Saga's health system in SRB2!

Hello, and welcome to the page of "Hellfire Health"!
This mod aims to recreate the health system from the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles ROM hack "Hellfire Saga" and insert it into SRB2 while keeping the base game's art-style as much as possible.​

OVERVIEW:
When you start any level, you'll have health, which is represented by rings (default is 5), which will be called "Health-Rings".
You can see your...

Read more about this resource...

In idea "hellfire_maxHealth" and "hellfire_fillCap" needed have min number is 1
but no, it's 0
hellfire_fillCap 0 break a hud and heal system
and hellfire_maxHealth 0 make you a zombie
srb20232.gif

Guess be good if been possible if I can removed weapons drop in the addon
it's can glitchs without rs addon (like the past with his sonic doom 2)
But I find other glitches in the addon
Recoil from other hit can been more than been

For example
with RailRing you can hit and else make nice homeruns
srb20236.gif

Hellfire forgot about baseball and no high recoil
srb20237.gif

eles idk why but if you have one hp
you dies with shields
srb20239.gif

and else not forgot about what you can get hit in invincible frames too...
HYPER MOVE!
srb20241.gif

this is so sick, but is there gonna be any update where you can see other peoples health by chance?

this is so sick, but is there gonna be any update where you can see other peoples health by chance?
Maybe it's can been a good idea
like health bars in mmorpgs
edit: only not ruins my fps
I already hate that addon with nicknames in battle mode servers

This is something I starting planning ever since I updated the addon to v1.1, since the question of PVP balance came into play.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's can been a good idea
like health bars in mmorpgs
edit: only not ruins my fps
I already hate that addon with nicknames in battle mode servers
Yeah, that's understandable. I'll see if I can make something similar, but with better performance.
Post automatically merged:

Guess be good if been possible if I can removed weapons drop in the addon
it's can glitchs without rs addon (like the past with his sonic doom 2)
But I find other glitches in the addon
Recoil from other hit can been more than been

For example
with RailRing you can hit and else make nice homeruns
View attachment 126452

Hellfire forgot about baseball and no high recoil
View attachment 126453

eles idk why but if you have one hp
you dies with shields
View attachment 126455
and else not forgot about what you can get hit in invincible frames too...
HYPER MOVE!
View attachment 126459
I've been able to fix the shield and Fang bug... but I cannot seem to get the correct behavior for Ringslinger.
You are saying that HellfireHealth's recoil is wrong, right? If so, I can see that the recoil is wrong.
EDIT: I fixed it. I put the order of the source and inflictor wrong for P_DoPlayerPain.

Last edited:
I really like this health system, could see myself using it all the time. It even got me to play Hellfire Saga.

I have a controversial suggestion though, I would love a different flavored skin of this that's just 'normal' and not horror themed. Perhaps replace the bone-crunching sound on hit with the blocky Knuckles hit sound from S3&K and for the HUD make the rings colored normally or perhaps green(cuz green=health?) and the 'HP' font/trim look like JAM font from the Sonic Jam title and it's HUD elements, something like that?

I really like this health system, could see myself using it all the time. It even got me to play Hellfire Saga.

I have a controversial suggestion though, I would love a different flavored skin of this that's just 'normal' and not horror themed. Perhaps replace the bone-crunching sound on hit with the blocky Knuckles hit sound from S3&K and for the HUD make the rings colored normally or perhaps green(cuz green=health?) and the 'HP' font/trim look like JAM font from the Sonic Jam title and it's HUD elements, something like that?
I was actually thinking about making a non-horror variant of the assets (configurable in the mod, of course), and I actually have normal/yellow versions of the Health-Rings. The things I had NOT considered however, was the sound effects. You do bring up a good point, and your suggestions for the SFX and "HP" font change are quite good.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back