• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Remake & Marble Zone Remake

srb20012.gif

Post automatically merged:

I returned my first idea by adding volume to the trunks of trees, I forgot about it.

2022-11-13_11-56-21.png
srb20013.png

I decided to redo the map by 30%, as a result, there was nothing left of my original idea, I want to add more atmosphere, bends, optimization, I had to replace real bridges with flatter ones

srb20015.png

Repainted fish

Attachments

• 1668304648954.png
    1668304648954.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
View attachment 79223

I returned my first idea by adding volume to the trunks of trees, I forgot about it.

View attachment 79225View attachment 79224

I decided to redo the map by 30%, as a result, there was nothing left of my original idea, I want to add more atmosphere, bends, optimization, I had to replace real bridges with flatter ones

View attachment 79227

Repainted fish

Awesome, that's a cool improved thing!

EDIT: I just notice that you can't login your account back :I

I set the task to make the blocks voluminous, I want to add a bulge, this should greatly affect the atmosphere, as it was with the grass on the sides

2022-11-13_13-54-43.png

2022-11-13_13-52-47.png

Such ideas will take a lot of time, I will try to implement this idea by the end of the project, if the map is not too large and complex

The rest of the map will have an interesting design based on fan art and sonic generations. Such ideas will take time, so I only have sketches

I decided to make the bridges narrow, there will be holes for fish on them, so it won't work to run around calmly, this idea was borrowed from the developers of SRB2 (if I'm not mistaken)

tumblr_a2e24cc04dfca541d61b524e263f1dad_768b2a41_540.jpg
2022-11-13_13-39-46.png

I used to focus on the design of sonic generations, but it's linear, and I want a bit in the SRB2 style. At the beginning of development, I didn't understand anything at all, neither in editing nor in the atmosphere and design, now I will focus on these two screenshots

srb20017.png

This is one of the places where my idea begins to come true, so far it's just sketches

Last edited:
I set the task to make the blocks voluminous, I want to add a bulge, this should greatly affect the atmosphere, as it was with the grass on the sides

View attachment 79229

View attachment 79230

Such ideas will take a lot of time, I will try to implement this idea by the end of the project, if the map is not too large and complex

The rest of the map will have an interesting design based on fan art and sonic generations. Such ideas will take time, so I only have sketches

I decided to make the bridges narrow, there will be holes for fish on them, so it won't work to run around calmly, this idea was borrowed from the developers of SRB2 (if I'm not mistaken)

View attachment 79231View attachment 79232

I used to focus on the design of sonic generations, but it's linear, and I want a bit in the SRB2 style. At the beginning of development, I didn't understand anything at all, neither in editing nor in the atmosphere and design, now I will focus on these two screenshots

View attachment 79237

This is one of the places where my idea begins to come true, so far it's just sketches
I think i know how shuld you restore you account.
1.First,you gotta log off.
2.Then,press the log in button.
3.Write your Gmail adress(it will be importmant,i swear)
4.Once you done it,press "Forgot Your Password?" button.
5.Follow the steps of it.
A Gmail letter will come to you on your Gmail app(If you have it).
6.Read carefully the letter.

I dont remember the else of it.

I think i know how shuld you restore you account.
1.First,you gotta log off.
2.Then,press the log in button.
3.Write your Gmail adress(it will be importmant,i swear)
4.Once you done it,press "Forgot Your Password?" button.
5.Follow the steps of it.
A Gmail letter will come to you on your Gmail app(If you have it).
6.Read carefully the letter.

I dont remember the else of it.
The mailbox has stopped receiving messages from this site, this is the reason why I can't log in to my account, I'll come up with something later

most beautiful map ive ever seen in srb2, amazing work
Thank you, hope to finish this map

The mailbox has stopped receiving messages from this site, this is the reason why I can't log in to my account, I'll come up with something later

Thank you, hope to finish this map
I forgot to return one texture to the water, which makes the water juicier. The water itself consists of about four drawings, so it will be even more beautiful, it will be the most beautiful water in SRB2

Last edited:
2022-11-15_14-54-31.png

I want to add such a shade of water to the game, for depth, but this is how it looks in the editor. I will try to implement my idea in the game itself.

I will definitely add steam from waterfalls to the game, as well as a fence in places.

Last edited:
Quick question, what is the reason the wall has no textures? Is it supposed to be a thok barrier? If so, that's not how it's done.

Edit: Actually i notice that you could be having areas there you're gonna or could be using later

Last edited:
What do you think about the new bricks on the left side? I really like. I've been sketching them for a long time.
Hadn't seen this, but wow this texture work is amazing. That left one is really something else. Every picture you've shared of your project is stunning.

Do you think it's worth making the grass closer to the original? For example, as here in the screenshot (I made the strips THINNER

Attachments

• 2022-11-25_09-21-13.png
    2022-11-25_09-21-13.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
These are sketches, but already impressive, and it will look even better, I will definitely add shadows for the walls, it will add volume, I also came up with a very interesting cave design
2022-11-26_17-30-15.png

we're here

2022-11-26_17-41-13.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back