Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I cant wait to see the forums orgasm with loads of lua scripts. Speaking of which can someone help me with messing with socs?

I guess I'll just have to learn how to code in C? If all fails I'll just stick to level design. =/

I didn't find anywhere that LUA scripts replaced the SOCs, I only read SRB2 will support them in 2.1. If so, then we can still use the old languages to edit SRB2... I hope.
Oh man, I cant wait to see the forums orgasm with loads of lua scripts. Speaking of which can someone help me with messing with socs?

I started lately learning about SOCs with this wiki, maybe it could help you.

Last edited:

If anything, the first thing I'll be looking into is the possibility of making new multiplayer gametypes on top of Cooperative. If that can be done, it'll be raining with Lua scripts from me.

This looks and sounds like it's going to be awesome. The new shield sprites will give the game a even more unique look, the ghost races will bring back memories of racing against ghosts in Sonic R. And the new scripting will allow more customization to be added. The new emblem screen and functionality looks and seems great as well. Plus those slight tidbits of stages we were shown earlier. SRB2 has come far, and I support it to the end.
Keep up the excellent work Sonic Team Jr., keep it up.

Upon seeing that epic Armageddon shield, I've been wondering: How would I go about making layered sprites like that in 2.1? Just wondering.

Also, can't wait for Creator.wad. Sounds like quite a thrill...

My biggest interest, however, is the new netcode. What exactly is being changed? Will it play more like 2.0.6, or more like CS? Either way, I hope you guys fix that god-awful joinlag. It destroys my server, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

EDIT: What all will we be able to do with Lua?

Last edited:
I think that 2.1 version will be awesome. And by the way, I wish ya all good luck to fixing the netcode and keep doing amazing things.

EDIT: If I'm right, I thing that you can script easily with LUA than with SOC editor. I'm not completely sure. But is going to be easy to code, that's for sure.

My biggest interest, however, is the new netcode. What exactly is being changed? Will it play more like 2.0.6, or more like CS? Either way, I hope you guys fix that god-awful joinlag. It destroys my server, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
There's no new netcode. They're just fixing bugs that were caused by other new features in 2.1.

^ So, what you're saying is that there are no new features currently being made, just mainly bugfixes.
Which - HOPEFULLY - means that the release of 2.1 will take less than a year! :D
(You know how lazy SRB2 devs can be.. :P 4 years for 2.0.0?)

^ So, what you're saying is that there are no new features currently being made, just mainly bugfixes.
Yes. Well, maybe new features are being made, but if the bugs are fixed, they won't necessarily wait until those new features are done.

(You know how lazy SRB2 devs can be.. :P 4 years for 2.0.0?)
Actually, a little less than three years. Which is about as long as 2.1 has been taking until now. That's just the pace at which development runs among volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back