(Found!) Lost Media? SRB2 Advanced Fan Game

time gear

Eternity in an hour
Back around the late 2000's or early 2010's when SRB2 1.09.4 was the latest version and SRB2JTE was popular, there was a 2D fangame inspired by SRB2JTE titled "SRB2 Advanced". The fangame seemed to generate a bit of popularity, with youtube videos dedicated to it and whatnot. However, I eventually noticed after a PC reformat that the game appeared to have been scrubbed from the internet. Countless searches on Google, Youtube, and even the Wayback Machine yielded no fruit. It's as if the game has simply just vanished.

I remember the game using the Sonic Advance art style for the playable characters, and there were some characters playable based on popular wads at the time that used their special movesets from SRB2JTE, such as Metal Sonic with his super form that could fly. I can't remember if the game was finished or if it was just a demo at the time, but I remember Greenflower Zone to be the only playable zone, with a full playthrough finishing with beating the GFZ boss.

Does anyone know anything about this game? Perhaps who the creator was, what happened to it, or even if it's still available in some obscure location? This has been a huge enigma to me and a few close friends for around a decade.

I don't know if this is it, but I do have a SRB2 Advance fan game that was lying around.might have it, but the file size is too big for the attachments system. (10MB zipped)

I've heard of it but wasn't interested.

Are there any videos of it?
I've tried to find any videos of it many times, because I know I've watched some before but it's as if the videos have vanished alongside the game. Very strange.

I know you said
even the Wayback Machine yielded no fruit. It's as if the game has simply just vanished.
But maybe if you tell me the website you used, the exact date you found it, and the year I can try to recheck for you

I know you said

But maybe if you tell me the website you used, the exact date you found it, and the year I can try to recheck for you
I don't remember exactly where I got it from. Mostly I've just used to Wayback Machine to try to find it through Google and Youtube, but no luck.

Ah ok, Though one question did you search through your history?
As I mentioned to begin with, I noticed it had vanished after I did a reformat. Most of what I had at the time had been saved on my C drive, and got wiped. I was trying to find it online to download a new copy of it, but couldn't find it. I've tried again many times with no such luck.

Additionally, I've upgraded Windows from Vista to 7 and from 7 to 10 since then, so it's unrealistic I would still have any history from back then anyway.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is it, but I do have a SRB2 Advance fan game that was lying around.might have it, but the file size is too big for the attachments system. (10MB zipped)
Put that sucker on Google Drive. It might be what we're looking for.

This is almost definitely it, a friend of mine and I have been taking a look at it together and it's reminding us both a lot of it. We're not sure if it's the same version of the game we remembered, characters like Metal Sonic might just be unlockable or the game might have had updates since this version, but this does in fact seem to be the right fangame. He wanted me to express for him he's really thankful for getting to experience this again after all this time.

Edit: This is definitely a version that has the content we remember such as Metal Sonic being playable.

Last edited:

Video footage of a blind playthrough, for prosperity.

You know, I think it's surprising how quickly this was found.

But for me, I've had this demo since it was originally released and it's more surprising that I still had it with how disorganized I've kept fan games in the past.

It's a bit of a shame not much more seems to be known about it though. Who made it, what happened to it, etc.

Thanks a lot!

This is a lot better then I thought it would be. Makes you think what srb2 would of been if it never went 3d.

Wow... that looks so cool! The fact that this was made in the final demo era this is just amazing!
It looks like there's a bug when a song is about to start the game freezes. And the Special Stages and bosses look like the final demo but if it was 2d! Also tgf-2.1 MIDI is the best ever, I'm glad they used that
The person who made this may have been banned from the MB or left so I hope this gets a port! (If not I hope they surprise us with this in 2.2!)

send me a private message ill give u my mail in it I WANT THIS FAN GAME OF A FAN GAME pls uwu

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back