[Open Assets] Flux Satellite Zone (Generations Remake)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how this got accepted into the Releases section.
*rulequote*

1. It's not his first creation. And even if it was, as long as it is otherwise acceptable, it doesn't matter. It's just that first creation rarely if ever are acceptable.
  2. Let's say for a minute that nothing about this is fun (which I disagree with). That doesn't yet mean that it will be trashed as long as it's not unplayably broken and it's clearly evident that he tried to make it fun.
  3. This is our job, not yours. For the record, saying something along the lines of "how could anyone in their right mind accept this?" is one of the most effective ways to piss me off. It's okay to point out if something is clearly not acceptable for release (for example, a critical bug that we missed), but even then, be civil about it instead of questioning our common sense. In borderline cases (and this isn't even a borderline case), it's usually best not to say anything because we assure you that it was carefully considered. And if you want to quote the rules, make sure you actually understood what they mean.

It's laggy, it's plain, its uninspired, it's boring, has no exploration, full of invisible walls, and full of egg-mobiles. There, I summed up what D00D said for you since apparently you don't like "exaggerations" that actually go in-depth in order to actually help you improve.

Last edited:
its uninspired

Everything you said, but this. Obviously Andrew here was inspired, and had ideas. The fact is, he just didn't know to implement them well. A better example of uninspired would be one of the many first level Greenflower clones sitting in Releases.

First of all, Iceman, I get the point of what D00D64 was trying to tell me. You don't have to repeat it. Also, Charybdizs, I would prefer it if you didn't call me by my real name outside of IRC. Thank you.

*sigh* This isn't a point that I feel is worth arguing with you. Let's just drop it and move on, shall we?

Also, Charybdizs, I would prefer it if you didn't call me by my real name outside of IRC. Thank you.

That's one wish I can grant. Sorry about that though, it was hardly intentional. When I think of you, I just think of you by that name.

I'm not sure if I'll have the time now that school's starting back up. Besides, I'm using the time I do have to work on a few other things that will hopefully come out better than this. Also, most of the flaws described by D00D64 and others require changing the basic design of the level, which is very hard to do without tearing the whole thing down first. I'll fix the flaws that don't require that and perhaps get around to revamping the entire thing eventually.

Ah, that makes sense. I've had some homing attack glitches in SRB2CB as well.
I believe the homing attack in SRB2CB is broken. I looked at some of the comments and tried out ah-sonic.wad on it and it just stayed in place, just stuck in the air for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back