• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

FL Studio Chan REDO: A Progress Report (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidy2246

✨ Collaborator ✨
Hello! It's Voidy/Fruity once again! Thanks for joining me for this third and final progress report on the respriting process of FL Chan. Here, you can pretty much expect to see the remainder of her initial release sprites done. I obviously plan on getting more sprites done after her release, but those will mostly be for addon supports. That being said, I won't be posting anything visual-wise until I completely finish an animation. But you can still follow the text-based updates if you want! Either way, be assured that progress is definitely being made as she heads closer to being "Releases" worthy!

5/20/2021: Finished all angles of the first frame of her walking animation. All that's left is two more frames, which is just a matter of moving her arms and legs.

5/23/2021: Finally finished all angles of the second frame of her walking animation. This took a longer time than I would like to admit, but it's done nonetheless. Hopefully, the third one shouldn't take long now that these are done.

5/24/2021: I finally finished the walking animation! I had to slow it down a few frames, but it's done. Now, we can check this off on the "painful animations" list. For the next few days, I'll be working on the remaining ones that aren't on that list. (In other words, I'll be working on everything besides running and swimming)
srb20000.gif

5/25/2021: Finished two angles of the springing animation (which is also used for her jump animation and the idle animation for NIGHTS levels).

5/26/2021: Finished the jump/spring sprites! Also, here's a little preview of Kaboom Box's passive (More info will be explained when she releases). ;)
srb20001.gif

5/28/2021: Finished the pain, drown, and death sprites. Only a few more sprites to go! (I also revised one of her sprites for Persona yesterday)
PAIN.png

DRWN.png

DEAD.png

5/29/2021: Finished 3/5 frames for the grounded animation of Mic Drop, her custom Spin ability.

5/30/2021: Finished all animations for Mic Drop! Unfortunately, that was the last animation (for now) that only requires one rotation. So starting tomorrow, I'll be working on the ones that do have rotations, but only have one or two frames.
srb20003.gif

5/31/2021: Finished all angles for the Fall sprites. Thankfully, I started on these early!
srb20000.gif

6/1/2021: Finished all angles of the RIDE sprites (being carried by Tails, ropes, etc. for those who don't know). Also FYI, I won't be showing off the RIDE, EDGE, and GASP sprite sets in here because it's not like you'll see those sprites often anyway.

6/2/2021: Finished all angles of the first frame of the EDGE sprites. Hopefully, when I work on the second frame tomorrow, it should take a quicker amount of time.

6/3/2021: Finished all sprites for the EDGE animation. Tomorrow, I'll be working on all of the frames for GASP since it'll just be the same sprite squashed and squished a little bit.

6/4/2021: Finished all sprites for all frames of the GASP animation. Now, we're in the real final stretch! But, I'll be taking a break for the weekend so that I can prepare for the pain that will come next week. Luckily for you guys, you'll get to see gifs again as the sprites I'll be doing next week will be more relevant.

6/7/2021: Finished the setup animation for her Kaboom Box ability. Only two more animations left before she can be ready for Releases!
srb20000.gif

6/9/2021: Finished all 8 angles of the first frame for her swimming animation. I originally planned to get these done yesterday, but had to stay at my dad's due to not having water at my apartment. Luckily, it's fixed now, so back to business!

6/10/2021: Finished all frames for her swimming sprites. Funny story: I got so bored yesterday that I just decided to finished all of the second frame, so lucky me! Now, all that's left to do is her running sprites. If I work as fast as I did with these, she should be released by the end of the week!
srb20001.gif

6/11/2021: Running sprites are now complete which means that FL Chan is now ready for Submissions! If you've followed the progress reports up until this point, I would like to say thank you for supporting me and this project! It means a lot that I've been able to complete this! And now... I can move onto other things!
srb20002.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back