• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Emerald cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manic

uuh that emerald cheat
i just dont get a **** about that
wil ya pleas gimme that emerald cheat in english :D
pleas???

um, you shouldnt ask that, the cheat is for testing, to get the emeralds very quickly, without effort. you should try doing it yourself. :?

It doesen't look like you're getting many results. And, I don't think you will. :roll: While we know you asked somewhat nicely, with a mispelled 'Please', and a cute smiley, the cheat's not widely known around the board... yet. It's not that we don't want you to get all of the emeralds. Just without cheating.
Besides, I got all of the emeralds quite a while ago. It's not too terribly hard. (Though it felt like it at the time with that last special stage.>_<)
It always feels 10 times better to beat a game with the good ending, without cheating. (If the game has diffrent endings, that is. or some kind of secrets.)

There are two ways to get them...
1: I don't konw.
2:Make a level wad and put aholelot of emeralds in it, after use the level
and play thuough all the emeralds.

Edit 1: There is another way way easyer but hotdog300 won't tell so I won't. :lol:

acually there are five ways that i thought of in two mins.

1. Just find the tokens and do it yourself.
2. OBJECTPLACE ON and find the object that looks like an emerald.
3. Make a wad with an exit sector like a foot away and put a bunch of tokens there.
4. Get someone to tell you the emerald cheat.
5. Become special like hotdog003 and just get it.

6. F*** with the coding to automatically give yourself all 7, though I doubt you are capable.

I'm always amazed at the amount of effort people do to avoid doing #1. Isn't the point of the game to have a challenge? If it isn't challenging, why are you playing? I don't get any satisfaction from beating something if I had no trouble doing it. It's only after a good week of being pissed that I really jump for joy when I actually do it.

ive done #1 pleanty of times

my bro does #2

no one does #3

#4 i know already

#5 i still know the cheat already... :wink: :wink: its true...

I always got stuck in emerald 7. I had to get a friend on splitscreen and get them all. But when you've played srb2 for months at least, you'll find that level quite easy actually. Mystic's right by the way. Its more rewarding to do it without cheating unless some time has passed by. I also never wanted to do #3. It was extremely easy and kinda obvious where to find them all...

People HAVE done number 3.
And objectplace has more useful features then placing stupid emerald tolkens. But the only one I can think of right now is setting the grid to 32 and placing out nice, swirly lightdash ring trails.

I believe I used a FAQ for getting all the emblems because I was getting sick of having to wait for the goods, but I know I got all the emeralds by myself. It's just a matter of knowing where they all are (and incidentally I do) so you have enough tries to afford a screw-up. If you only pick up one a level, then not only can you not afford to screw up, but you can't get all seven, either.

That said, I should look for this cheat.

I find it more rewarding to do it without cheating even IF some time has gone by. Case and point: F-Zero GX. For those of you who don't know, that game is one of the most devilishly difficult games released in the past few years, and has quite a few absolutely insane things that you have to do to unlock stuff.

I have done absolutely everything in that game except for beating Master as every character to get their little movie skits. There are a lot of things in that game that were absolutely near impossible, and basically required the player to do something completely flawlessly, and basically took hours. There were even a few things that were so hard that I simply gave up and stopped playing. A month or so later, I came back to it, and actually beat it. It grew on me because it was a challenge I couldn't complete, and that ridiculous level of challenge make the game good. Now that I've done all the absurd stuff in the game, I miss the game for providing the most annoying and frustrating gameplay I've done in years.

Yes, I sure as hell was pissed off at that game many times, and I cursed and moaned whenever I got owned. However, I did slowly get better at it and beat the entire thing. Because of that, the game lasted me almost a year, obviously with large few-month breaks because I was just that pissed off. That kind of challenge does not exist in SRB2, if you don't count Ult on an insane map, but people whine about the special stages all the time.

I'll be the first to say it: The special stages are easy. They are not very good, I will be the first to admit, but they are not hard. If you can get used to using the strafe key, you can get through all of them with over a minute on the clock. Even without the strafe key, it's more than possible to beat them with a large amount of time remaining, including the final special stage. However, it takes practice. You will obviously not be able to beat the final special stage the first few times. You need to accurately grab ring groupings and be good at hitting lines of rings fast. However, with practice, you will.

As far as I know, that is the point of games of this nature: Challenge the player with difficult things so they get better at the game itself. There was a time when I had a little trouble doing the laser bit in Techno Hill 2. Well, with practice, I assure you I don't anymore. That kind of gain in skill is what the genre is all about, and it simply annoys me when people give up completely and cheat, because then they won't actually get any better at it. Keep trying, or give up and don't cheat. You might find yourself interested again in a month and want to give it another go.

Heh... I remember when THZ2 seemed like the most freakin tough map ever... And that was having played AGZ previously in 4.35. The lasers and crushers on the conveyer belt or the "turret room"... Either way you're doomed. Heh, I like the challenge of a good one-on-one with a turret in a well-planned turret room. I just wish there was more then one way to skin a turret... Dumping water/slime on it every time makes it seem a little dull. I'd rather drop it in a bottomless pit or crush it with the ceiling creating a large pole stretching all the way up. Heh... I even had a turret room in Technology Complex, in which the poll went down and became a hole, filled with fresh water, and flowed out into the room, replacing the slime so you could get out safely... It's really sad when you beat a turret just to fall into the slime and die. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back