Drop Dash (Mania)

Drop Dash (Mania) v1.0.1.2 - I never expect that to happen

Sls64LGamingBro

An ordinary coder...
Sls64LGamingBro submitted a new resource:

Drop Dash (Mania) - You want a Mania style, It's here!

This is the Mania Dropdash

Yes it does say that in the title, It's the same as mania.

It does have little of a different thing because It's SRB2, but it's far to give the game a actual functioning mania dropdash.

How do I do this?

It is just like as Mania, so there is no hard issue by it.

Anyway let's get on to it.

By holding jump, You can charge the dropdash already.

Then when it releases in...​

Read more about this resource...

When I first saw this, I was wondering about some of the decisions made.
Why does having a shield change his ability back to the thok, anyway? Why was that decision made? Would he really have "nothing" if the thok wasn't given to him there?
No need to explain how things worked in Sonic Mania (Drop Dash not being available because of Shield Abilities), I know that very well by now, but... The fundamental difference between Mania and SRB2 (1-Button vs 2-Buttons) feels different enough that different logic should apply-- at least, that's what I feel.
Maybe I'm forgetting something but I'm not sure if there's already a Drop Dash mod that handles it how one would think it should handle (Replaces Sonic's thok and leaves everything else working as intended). If there is one, then I can see how you wanted to make this different.
I'd like to be educated on this though, because as is I feel that decision is... Weird, to say the least.

When I first saw this, I was wondering about some of the decisions made.
Why does having a shield change his ability back to the thok, anyway? Why was that decision made? Would he really have "nothing" if the thok wasn't given to him there?
No need to explain how things worked in Sonic Mania (Drop Dash not being available because of Shield Abilities), I know that very well by now, but... The fundamental difference between Mania and SRB2 (1-Button vs 2-Buttons) feels different enough that different logic should apply-- at least, that's what I feel.
Maybe I'm forgetting something but I'm not sure if there's already a Drop Dash mod that handles it how one would think it should handle (Replaces Sonic's thok and leaves everything else working as intended). If there is one, then I can see how you wanted to make this different.
I'd like to be educated on this though, because as is I feel that decision is... Weird, to say the least.
Oh, I notice it on the wiki when I ignore it. Because I felt leaving it into the thok, Since I think nothing would be a bad idea as It can be boring without a ability. But that's far for a reason and a another, I'll fixed that too. Thanks

there is no spin button in sonic mania
I literally know that, I made that version because some people prefer the spin button. You don't need to just ask that it doesn't exist, I know it doesn't. and I didn't even search it up on the wiki, I found it out when I got the game in 2019.

Hey dude, i've found some bugs on the addon when i was editing it (for personal uses obviously, since idk if this is reusable, im working on smt but only if i have permission from u) when you dropdash, you can see Sonic standing for, idk, 1 or 2 frames?, it messes up with the colission, you can see it if you go to GFZ1, that place where you encounter a 1UP before a Armageddon shield?, that gap that let's you roll on it, if you dropdash when you're attached to the wall, it will not let you pass, idk why (sorry i dont know how to speak english that good, if you didnt understand something, say it)

Last edited:
I haven't tried it out yet, but the weirdest part of all of these Drop Dash mods is that I swear Mania's version gives speed dependant on how long you fell while charging it, giving very little from a few feet and max speed from way higher up, yet not a single mod keeps that.

Hey i was wondering if i could use this for my mod as i dont know how to program a dropdash myself and this one looks good

Hey i was wondering if i could use this for my mod as i dont know how to program a dropdash myself and this one looks good
I guessing that you didn't use conversation button, but that's fine. Also yes you are allowed as you asked, also please credit me just incase if you did.

I like your mod because it replaces the boring thok and the fact that it has a description of the ability. But there are drawbacks. For example, when Sonic dies, he can perform a drop dash, and if I get up and then jump and use drop dash, the speed will be very small.

If you don't like the bug, then when you fall into a pit and die in the water, you can apply Drop dash. Then here are the fixes.
1. Download SLADE;
2. Find this mod in the files;
3. Open the lua file;
4. There will be a Main.lua file in it and open it;
5. Find lines 79-87 and delete;
6. Insert this instead:
addHook("PlayerThink", function(player)
if player.charging and not (player.cmd.buttons & BT_JUMP)
player.charging = false
player.mo.state = S_PLAY_JUMP
end
end)
addHook("PlayerThink", function(player)
if player.charging and (player.playerstate == PST_DEAD or P_CheckDeathPitCollide(player.mo, true))
player.charging = false
end
end)
7. After that, we save.
It was:
1710388878586.gif

Become:
1710388931006.gif

I realized that I forgot to fix this. Thank you for putting this out. But can I credit you?

EDIT: Am about to update this by the way.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back