DriftNitro

DriftNitro 2.2.12

Frogge...

Frogge... submitted a new resource:

DriftNitro - No items, boosts only, Final Destination.

SRB2Kart DriftNitro Mod: Perfect Driving is the key!​

In large crowds, it's often hard to really see who's the fastest when you're being pelted with Orbinauts, bananas, mines, what-have-you.
DriftNitro attempts to alleviate that problem by bringing an adaptation of the popular KartRider Drift speed mode into SRB2Kart!
View attachment 65393

How it...​

Read more about this resource...

Frogge... updated DriftNitro with a new update entry:

DriftNitro V2

After a full month of development, DriftNitro v2 is now released, revamping many of the mechanics.

Since the release of the first version, we saw that many of the mechanics either didn’t fit, didn't adapt well into SRB2Kart, or simply made the mod too unbalanced for competitive play. Since then, after many experiments and tests with new mechanics, we’ve redesigned and revamped almost all of the mod itself to better resemble KartRider (the source inspiration, and the basis for the mod’s main...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 2.0.1

* Redone the HUD (again), altering the timer that tracks the blue bar delay.
* The timer now tracks your general boost time, and any active boost stacks. This version of the timer is called the "Boost Monitor".
* An alternative version of the Boost Monitor is available, try typing dfm_setboosthud follow or dfm_setboosthud legacy in-between races. (using numbers (1 or 2) also works)
* A custom bumpcode is now present, toggleable with the command dfm_bumpcode on/off
* The...

Version 2.0.2

Another update this week, this time nerfing the Crash Gauge to prevent reliance on (and abuse of) it:

View attachment 69315
View attachment 69317
* Crash Gauge now only outputs 30% of the percentage generated on a wall hit.
* Once the Nitro Meter fills up, Crash Gauge will no longer fill up the bar for that duration. This also applies to Crash Gauge activations from a spinout.
* A system is now in place that makes the output percentage of Crash Gauge lower with...

Version 2.1

View attachment 71670
Very likely to be the last update for a good while, save for potential hotfixes. Because of that, we've polished up the mod into a state that we can feel is truly "complete", coming with it some rebalances and changes:

* Extra slots have been rebalanced: 4 slots are exclusive to 1 speed, while 2 and 3 speed get 3 slots. 4 speed only gets 2 slots, like speeds 5 and above in earlier versions.
* The Blue Meter can now only be filled via drift boosts. This...

Version 2.2.12

View attachment 74180
This update is more of a "strategic update". Most races in earlier versions are entirely dependent on if you can mash out Nitros to maintain high boost stacks. This update rebalances many things so that there's more of a focus on general racing, while also allowing players to make recoveries given the chance.
The changes:
* EX Bonus now affects your boost speed, represented by a percentage to the right of your meter. This is known as the EX Boost.
* The EX...

A great mod, but this DEFINITELY needs more info after the latest update.
•Bumpcode isn't defined anywhere, but the long and short of it is this: If DN's Bumpcode is on, you will phase through players. If it is off, you will bump them like normal.
•First place now loses Orange Meter when they bump a wall, while anyone behind still gains Orange Meter. Note: Bumping a player while DN Bumpcode is Off will not affect your Orange Meter.
•Falling off the track now provides a 7 second boost that does not allow you to go over slow terrain without a speed penalty. Additionally, falling off will also give you a free Nitro item (which does allow you to go over slow terrain), and a small charge to your Blue Meter.

I def missed a few things but hope these help shed some light
EDIT: I just remembered, there's been a bug plaguing this addon since last version.
If your boost overlaps with a boostpad on the ground, your timer will ignore the boostpad and end the same time as your boost normally would. This can be especially problematic in shortcuts with boostpads inside them, as you will often find yourself slowing down to a crawl when attempting to take said shortcut.

Last edited:
I feel like bumping into walls in firstplace really ruins getting drift charge especally in tight corners or in slim areas. I also noticed the slow down in drift charge witch kinda feels a bit uneeded especally when trying to play keep away when trying to stay first. Also just like the last version off what Bladesinger said about the boostpad yeah thats a big problem. I went back to the old version since it feels alot better.

Can you add partial support for the acrobatic mod? When you land a trick in acrobatics, the timer for the boost seems to repeat itself, like starting at 2 seconds and then dropping to 0 then going back to 2 again until it runs out.
EDIT: It seems to also cause an infinite boost with flames bug, so i'm not sure if this incompatibility bug is caused by driftnitro or acrobatics

You can kinda see it happening in this video:

Last edited:
Seems like using driftnitro off in the driftnitro.cfg file doesn't work. My idea was for it to be disabled by default and to allow me to reenable it in game if I want
EDIT: Nevermind, used exec driftnitro.cfg instead.

Last edited:
I noticed that the add-on's messages in chat are numerous and sometimes interfere with gameplay. It would be possible to add a variable that disables these messages globally on the server?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back