Drift Hopping

Drift Hopping Version 1.5 - The Customization / Day 1 Update

Julia

The only SRB2 and Touhou fan ever to exist lmao
Julia submitted a new resource:

Drift Hopping - Drift hopping, Crash Team Racing-Style!

Hello there!

Have you, for whatever purpose, wanted a drift hop similar to Mario Kart's or ESPECIALLY Crash Team Racing's? No? Well, allow me to introduce to you...

DRIFT HOPPING!!!

View attachment 124147

Similar to the games previously mentioned, pressing Drift now initiates a small hop before you actually do a drift! Simple enough, at a first glance.

The reason the addon's tagline mentions CTR first, though, is because this little hop is more...​

Read more about this resource...

Julia updated Drift Hopping with a new update entry:

v1.5: The Customization Update!

Hello there!

This addon took a pretty long time to get accepted (no shade to any judges of course), and in that time, I ended up updating this addon a little, mostly to alter the hop and to make it more customizable! I heard you couldn't update the addon while it's in the submission process, so apologies!

Changelog:

+ Added a small speed cut per-hop. This is to mitigate a technique called "Flamehopping." This is toggleable in the Host Options, or with command...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is definitely pretty cool IMO. I do wonder if there exists a hang-time like mod where high air time can lead to a boost when landing, or if you have plans on such a thing. IMO it'd improve the momentum of certain tracks.

This is definitely pretty cool IMO. I do wonder if there exists a hang-time like mod where high air time can lead to a boost when landing, or if you have plans on such a thing. IMO it'd improve the momentum of certain tracks.
Trust me, I would LOVE to make that, maybe even expand this mod into a full CTR-esque gameplay mod once I figure out how to add more features. But honestly, I'm a little too stupid to figure it out. Maybe one day, but not now.

It'd be neat to see a map pack or just a single map actually utilize this hop method as you would in CTR for great shortcuts. probably built where it's still playable without the mod but elevates the experience when it's enabled.

Back