• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dreamcast Sonic (DC-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
========================== IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! ==========================

Metalwario64 and Blueblur(SolarStellar) have agreed on their final project names, because we've both called our projects "Adventure Sonic" at some point.

BlueBlur's project was occasionally also called Dreamcast-Sonic, DX-Sonic, or TrueAdventureSonic.
MetalWario64's project was occasionally also called Uekawa Sonic, SA2-Sonic, or YU-Sonic.

All of this created much confusion, so we've gotten together and settled on our final names. Since Blur's project takes inspiration and moves from Adventure 1 to Heroes, which SEGA themselves dubbed the "Dreamcast era" in Sonic Generations' promotional material, his official project name is now DREAMCAST SONIC! (DC-Sonic for short)

Metalwario64's project takes inspiration almost exclusively from SA1+SA2 and is a more lightweight project. Thus it will now be dubbed ADVENTURE SONIC! (SA-Sonic for short). We're gonna try and consistently call our project names this from now on to not create anymore speculation.

Another thing! While both projects take inspiration from Adventure and overlap some features(spamdash/bounce attack/homing attack), this is NO competition and nobody's stealing anything. In fact, we're all friends here, and I'm even personally helping both projects as coder. So we'd appreciate if anybody spreading misinformation/trying to start trouble could be linked to this post. I'll try to have both sides confirm it since I'm not the face of either project.

...aight, official-ass PR crap's out of the way! Now let's get to reviving the most awesome era of Sonic ever!
Approved! Glad we could settle this!

OH MY GOD I CANT F***KING WAIT
It's been quite a while since the original SEGA Dreamcast Sonic post which then turned into "True Adventure Sonic"
Development has been very VERY low, in fact I haven't been doing anything related to SRB2 modding for months... So, here are the new set of standing frames and some new artwork! Currently working on a lot more as of the date of this thread. (NOT CSS ARTWORK).
View attachment 40428View attachment 40429
MY

Gameplay! (Pre-rendered sprites aren't final).
Post automatically merged:

LOL I like how it literally has NOTHING the current indev version has a sneak peek is funny.
Wow, It looks like the WIP sprites are looking more like a 3d model

Clear that still a ways to go before it's finished, but I'm still happy to see it in action, and now we get a better idea on how he'll play.
can't wait(but I will patiently wait) for it to come out, along with the other Adventure Sonic, place'em on a team together to see what they can all possibly excel at.

Falling sprites are complete!

Attachments

• srb20811-1.gif
    srb20811-1.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 4,002
I'm not sure how to explain it, but the "whoosh" sound in the jump is a bit sharp/rough to me. Don't know if it's louder than normal or if it's the quality of the sound clip.
During actual gameplay, it sounds completely natural as that happens in Adventure. If it is a problem, we can always change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back