Don't forget NiGHTS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a big deal, because NiGHTS has always been in the spin-offs and Superstars and whatever. If Sega has decided not to put him/her in this game called "All-Stars," that means they're dropping him completely. That means no more NiGHTS games, remakes or otherwise. So, yes, it is a big deal.

I agree that it would be awesome to have NiGHTS into Dreams as Virtual Console and whatever downloadable content the other systems have (I only have a Wii, unfortunately), but the Sega Saturn is a very difficult system to emulate. If you look on the Wii Shop Channel, you will see no games for the Saturn on there. Even Iizuka said that it was coded too specifically for the Saturn to be ported to another system--that is, without a huge amount of effort. Of course, then they went out and did the PS2 remake, which also had the old version on there. I'm guessing they had to redo everything to fit the PS2. Or Iizuka was lying to us. Either way, NiGHTS into Dreams as a download is very unlikely.

I can't follow the she's-not-in-this-one-character-compilation-game-she-must-then-be-axed-at-this-point logic. Because apparently Koopa Troopa was taken out of Mario Kart, but is he axed? Heck to the no.

Instead of porting it from the Saturn, why not just start all over from scratch with coding? After all, Cyan Worlds did this with Myst, and the product was called realMYST. And this way, the graphics can be made to optimum quality and all that. If Sonic Team won't do it, they're just too lazy. They have a potential hit to rerelease and instead they just release other things that are just stupid. It would be foolish for them not to.

I prefer to call NiGHTS by feminine pronouns. There's nothing wrong with it. I don't mind if you use a neuter or masculine pronouns to refer to NiGHTS.

Once it becomes Christmas, I will have had Journey of Dreams for 2 years. I really enjoyed the game, but I would also like to have NiGHTS into Dreams available on my Wii, PS3, PSP, DS, or whatever. I'm not willing to buy a used Saturn just for that game.

Last edited:
You may want to get a Japanese ps2 or a ps2 freeloader then. Because they ported it to PS2 in Japan only.

i dont really care whether IT is in all stars racing, i did NOT enjoy JoD at all,
i think that if SEGA wants to drop nights then they should go ahead, they need to focus on sonic right now in his time of need, not some giant chao in purple pajamas flying around london,

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

sorry but thats just my opinion

Sonic is still at least getting games.
JoD was not a good game. The original was crazy fun and at least had replay value. After I got the dream drops in JoD I got bored of it. I think NiGHTS is in more need than Sonic. People still actually like Sonic. JoD killed NiGHTS for a lot of people. and they do think NiGHTS is insanely useless and stupid. Because of this, this this the reason DiGi started the campaign because we want NiGHTS to still be alive and loved again.

And I didn't really enjoy JoD either as I've said. It's hard to maintain a good link and you cant go around the lap as much as you want like in NiD. :P
And if you think of it, Sonic's probably just as absurd as a chao is purple pajamas. It's a blue hedgehog that runs through San Francisco and can go super sayan to save the world. :P I still love that game to death.

Last edited:
Of course Sonics games are stupids xD,but it's fun to run at light speed,stopping a mad scientist projects,collect shining stones and turn into a Super Sayan and save the world(i forgot yuji naka was a FAN of Dragon Ball).
JoD was a "peter pan" like games(flying around london is so boring)and definitively killed NiGHTS,exactly as Alex Kidd died.
Personally i really loved the original nights games,i still play it and i find it as fun as the first day.

Personally i really loved the original nights games,i still play it and i find it as fun as the first day.

I'd buy the Japanese remake if I wasn't worried if my broken PS2 would play it or not. -.-'

I really don't care whether or not NiGHTS is in Sega's newest All-Star game since I've never played any of them in the first place. The only one I own is Sega Super Star tennis for the 360 but that's my brother's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back