Don't forget NiGHTS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I hear about Mother CONSTANTLY. It even had a whole bunch of talk because of that scary monster that looked like a fetus. It is much more popular then Fire emblem. So.... :p

Anyone not get the hee hee at the end of the sentence?

I don't think there's much to get.

Lol, I love it when you take stuff seriously.

Lol, I love it when you try to act clever and funny.
It's not that I took it seriously, the post was just really annoying.

Oh, why are Shenume characters in, when NiGHTs isn't? Isn't NiGHTS much more popular?

Because some like Shenmue? And it hasn't ACTUALLY been confirmed wether or no Nights is in.

Just get over it. It was a joke and you took it WAAAY to seriously.
(Actually, I heard NiGHTs is not playable. Let me get a link to see, it might be a phony so I'm not sure)

Anyways, now that is over...
I hope Sumo can add NiGHTs as DLC AT LEAST. Seriously, it is odd when you add characters in games and then take them out. It could be possible that Sumo is forgetting about NiGHTS?

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=304027&page=64

Holy crap, 64 pages of Sega fans wanting this character in. It is probably going to kill a lot of the fans if they don't add him/her in.

Edit: Holy crap! This game is being made for DS! I wonder if the DS version will have exclusive content since it might not be able to handle the 360/Wii stages!
Edit: Actually, the NiGHTS not being playable was a video. It was just two kids being odd. -_-
I wonder why NiGHTS fans haven't started one of those really long petitions. Sega fans usually do and send them over.

I also would like a special NiGHTs stage. It would be cool if they added the nifty stuff from the Sega Saturn game.
Edit: My apology if I'm a little grumpy. :p

Last edited:
The reason NiGHTS isn't in this game because it isn't made by Sonic Team. It is made by Sumo Digital. If it was made by Sonic Team, it probably would be a different story.

Oh, why are Shenume characters in, when NiGHTs isn't? Isn't NiGHTS much more popular?
Actually the roster is decided by Sega, not Sumo. Sumo staff made that very clear to NiGHTS fans online and at SoS. So the only people to blame for this are Sega's executives, or whoever gets to make the game content decisions over there.

I don't know why NiGHTS was taken out the moment they decided to bring Shenmue in. I know Shenmue has always had a lot of people asking for a third game, so Sega probably decided to do something about that (although it's still not ultimately what the fans want).

Petitions...I think I heard one of those online things was started at that big petition site, but I never saw it. Of course, this whole campaign is one big petition to Sega. And with the flood of e-mails, comments, blogs, etc. that they're getting, those formal petitions may not be necessary. XD

I would take those "two kids" a lot more seriously, though. They've been tipped off by insiders before, and it looks like this is the case again. (By the way, I don't know what you count as a kid, but they're in their mid-20s or so.)

I've read it once, Ill say it now, Internet petitions don't work. A flood of e-mail and snail mail on the other hand....

Why are you guys even bothering? NiGHTS doesn't need to be in this. In a racing game, is she really going to be any different from the other characters? This is honestly like if some minor character from Mario Kart was to be removed. It would be no big flippin' deal. What NiGHTS really needs is to have her first game, Into Dreams, be released as downloadable content on a console/handheld. This would be much better.

(Yes, NiGHTS is so much more like a "she" than a "he." Both prefixes technically can be correct, as she has no official gender.)

This is honestly like if some minor character from Mario Kart was to be removed. It would be no big flippin' deal.
Koopa Troopa.

Do you know how much whining went on since he was removed in Mario Kart 64 and replaced with Wario? When he finally came back in Double Dash it was a massive amount of nostalgia for me at least.

:SonicMaster: said:
Yes, NiGHTS is so much more like a "she" than a "he." Both prefixes technically can be correct, as she has no official gender.

Yea... we don't care about what gender NIGHTS comes closely to. NIGHTS is a character and wondering about a gender of a character is just plain pointless in anyone's opinion.

Anyway back on topic, Yes it isn't a big deal if one character is not included in a game; seeing as the character may not consistently fit well with the consept of the game, or, they didn't want the character in the game from the get-go.

What good does any thing not Sonic do to Sega? This is an "All Star" racing game and NiGHTS is one of Sega's Stars, just like Billy Hatcher.

What good does any thing not Sonic do to Sega? This is an "All Star" racing game and NiGHTS is one of Sega's Stars, just like Billy Hatcher.
When you put it that way, yes. Though just because it's an "All-star" does not mean that it should literally include everyone or everything.

Anyone not get the hee hee at the end of the sentence? Lol, I love it when you take stuff seriously. Don't get me wrong, but NiGHTS is one of my favorite game characters. I even prefer him to Sonic in Sonic Riders.
XD

The reason NiGHTS isn't in this game because it isn't made by Sonic Team. It is made by Sumo Digital. If it was made by Sonic Team, it probably would be a different story.

Personally i think NiGHTS i a popular character (NiGHTS is one of my favorites characters)but isn't enough charismatic,that why SUMO Digital ignored him.
It's hard to imagine NiGHT in this game,because it contains violent contents(unlike Sonic Riders and others Spin offs),and i assume its hard to make NiGHT Riding an armored buggy and fire missiles,but,who cares?

Just get over it. It was a joke and you took it WAAAY to seriously.

Whatever you say.

It's hard to imagine NiGHT in this game,because it contains violent contents(unlike Sonic Riders and others Spin offs),and i assume its hard to make NiGHT Riding an armored buggy and fire missiles,but,who cares?

Well, it's not a kind of violent where Nights is shooting people with an AK47 and chopping their heads off and eating their organs while they're still alive, it's a cartoony kind of violence, like Smash Bros, so it's not hard to imagine at all.

Well! In that case...
nightstheftaut2o.jpg

Why are you guys even bothering? NiGHTS doesn't need to be in this. In a racing game, is she really going to be any different from the other characters? This is honestly like if some minor character from Mario Kart was to be removed. It would be no big flippin' deal. What NiGHTS really needs is to have her first game, Into Dreams, be released as downloadable content on a console/handheld. This would be much better.

(Yes, NiGHTS is so much more like a "she" than a "he." Both prefixes technically can be correct, as she has no official gender.)
It is a big deal, because NiGHTS has always been in the spin-offs and Superstars and whatever. If Sega has decided not to put him/her in this game called "All-Stars," that means they're dropping him completely. That means no more NiGHTS games, remakes or otherwise. So, yes, it is a big deal.

I agree that it would be awesome to have NiGHTS into Dreams as Virtual Console and whatever downloadable content the other systems have (I only have a Wii, unfortunately), but the Sega Saturn is a very difficult system to emulate. If you look on the Wii Shop Channel, you will see no games for the Saturn on there. Even Iizuka said that it was coded too specifically for the Saturn to be ported to another system--that is, without a huge amount of effort. Of course, then they went out and did the PS2 remake, which also had the old version on there. I'm guessing they had to redo everything to fit the PS2. Or Iizuka was lying to us. Either way, NiGHTS into Dreams as a download is very unlikely.

glaber: As horrifying as that would be, I can't help but laugh every time I see that picture. I think it was from a reviewer on a gaming news site, but I could be wrong.

If Sega has decided not to put NiGHTS(NiGHTS don't have an official gender)in this spin off that means it's the end of NiGHTS,yes the END,just like Alex Kidd disappeared of the surface of the earth (no need to remember that Alex Kidd was the first mascot of SEGA before Sonic).

It is a big deal, because NiGHTS has always been in the spin-offs and Superstars and whatever. If Sega has decided not to put NIGHTS in this game called "All-Stars," that means they're dropping NIGHTS completely. That means no more NiGHTS games, remakes or otherwise. So, yes, it is a big deal.

No, it's not a big deal. Just because a character is not included in a game like this does not mean the character is forgotten. It simply means that they just didn't want to include him/her/it in the game. Lets have a flash back at all-stars tennis, Why wasn't Billy Hatcher in it? Does that mean they dropped him completely from the face of the earth? No, I don't think so. SEGA is well aware of how popular NIGHTS is, so obviously NIGHTS is not dead. This goes for any other character in other series, so enough of the drama. If they decide to include NIGHTS then fine. If they don't then there is no need to have an aneurysm over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back